Chapter 2

The week after, I take the bus to the edge of LA and take a second one closer to my house. My mother's house was about a twenty minute drive around the outskirts of the city the city but my fathers was ten minutes outside. He didn't like the city much, but insisted on being close to us.

I walk the sidewalk from the bus stop down the street to my house. LA was the city of fame, and often you come across famous actors or actresses. You could look around and pick out people here because of their money or simply
Tourists.

I make the short walk home and ring the buzzer at the gate that opens up to our three story house though it didn't feel quite like home. The buzzer beeps and a voice grants me permission to come in. I push through the recently unlocked gate door and into the house.

I could see Paisley sitting on the leather couch with a book in her lap and her hands neatly folded at the middle of it. She looked up when she saw me and offered a small smile.

"Dear, you can't just waltz around the city in that kind of outfit." My mother comes out of nowhere and says patronizingly. She comes behind me and peels off my worn down army green jacket. I roll my eyes and slip off my shoes. I turn my head and see the shiny material of a magazine.

"Whatcha got there?" I ask. My mother turns to me with a stern expression and turns the magazine to my face.

"What do you." My mother corrects. "But you did make the cover of the People's magazine."

She turns it a bit more so the light wasn't gleaming off of the front and my face meets a scene from the red carpet. Simple, just me standing beside of Trey Ramos, but of course in Hollywood, there wasn't 'just standing beside someone'. All the captions were labeled—

The daughter of Theresa Faw and Trey Ramos seen at the red carpet together.

Is it love?

Legends collide.

I roll my eyes with a slight groan and walk through the living room. Paisley sends me an apologetic look, but I dismiss it in spite. I turn the staircase and start up the stairs.

"What are you doing, Skylar Lily Faw? This is a good thing don't you see? The most famous celebrity your age is interested in you." She stands at the bottom of the marble staircase and stares at me. I look with an unemotional face and wait for her to start laughing, but she doesn't.

"Are you kidding me?" I mutter and wait for a reasonable reaction but she just stares blankly. "I can't believe you."

I turn on my heels and storm up the steps angrily. No, she wasn't always like this. She used to be kind and caring, but it was like she was changed after her first movie. I never got back my real mother after that.

"What are you talking about, dear?" She says, but I ignore her and continue the climb up the steps. "I need you to take your sister to the park later."

I mutter something inaudible and continue up to my room. I didn't like it. The room was too spacious and there were many windows. I didn't even have any privacy the furniture was black and the walls white. The theme was neutral colors like black white and grey with few other colors. The rest was decorated in things with things my mom bought to put in it.

You may be able to look in my room and guess my personality, but you'll be wrong. I lay down across my bed and lift my phone to my eyes. I didn't check my social media's, and rarely even posted.

"Sky?" I hear a knock on my door and turn my head to it. It was Paisley's voice. The door pushes open and she slips in my room quietly. "I'm sorry."