Trust And Betrayal

Malcolm, along with the other apes, led Lily down to a run down gas/radio station. She saw Foster inside fixing something until a small melody hit her ears.

It reminded her if a time when things were simple before the world went downhill.

Malcolm and Ellie let out a small laugh of happiness for something that they haven't heard in a long time. The apes curiously listened wondering what it was.

... Music.

It echoed throughout the whole forest.

 Malcolm replied "It worked. At least here it did. Well know once we get back to the city." 

Caesar slowly rode up to and extended his hand out "Trust."

Malcolm happily took it.

Lily smiled watching them talk but from the corner of her eye, she saw Blue Eyes walking away in to the woods. She silently slipped away and she chased after him.

As Blue Eyes was walking lost in thought,  something shot out from the bushes and crashed into him toppling him down, pinning him to the ground. He growled and looked up to see Lily. He huffed and struggled underneath of her trying to push her off "Are you crazy? Get off of me."

Lily answered "Just listen to what I have to say."

Blue Eyes didn't answer. He growled and continued to struggle to push her off of him.

Lily responded "I'll ask again. What do you really think of me?"

Blue Eyes frowned and looked away and hooted "Get off."

Lily crossed her arms and continued "When we kissed I felt something that I've never felt before. Well, I liked it."

Blue Eyes frozed underneath her.

Lily reached down and cupped his cheek and replied "I care about you."

She continued and signed "Everything time I think you're always on my mind. I tried to ignore it but the more worse it became. You just keep popping up, constantly. I don't regret what happened. What I'm saying is....is that I-I-I love you!"

Lily received no response.

She looked away and mumbled "I'm an idiot. Just forget that I've ever said that. You probably would want to be with an ape, instead of me."

Blue Eyes growled of the thought of someone else touching her, instead of him. Before Lily could blink, he had managed to break free and pushed her off of him. She looked up to see him leaning over her bracing his arms beside her head. She looked into his clear blue eyes and completely got lost in them.

They were almost human. More gentle and calm.

(How could humans think that they were animals?)

Lily broke out of her trance when she heard his voice for the first time "I care about you too."

She felt her heart skipped a beat "Really?"