Chapter 4: Spaces

x Z a y n x
How could've she said no? I looked up to notice Harry walking up to me.

I sighed and nodded and leaned off the fountain and started to walk with Harry.

"Vas happenin'?" Harry asked curiously. I sighed. "Nothing man , just forget it." I lied.

"Nothing?" He asked cautiously . "Bullshit," Harry added.

"Zayn, I know you, you're the only guy , well besides Louis and Niall, that I know who wouldn't be this quiet when they're happy." Harry pointed out. I sighed. Harry smiled and chuckled. I gave him a small smile and then it fell. Natalie couldn't get off my mind and I couldn't reach a smile. Being rejected by someone you like could be a real punch in your face. Even though I just met her and I clearly should have known she would not say yes..

"I uh. I tried to ask out Natalie." I mumbled with a sigh.

Harry stopped walking at looked at me. "What?" He asked in shock.

"I-I told Natalie I like her, and she...she said no," I said sighing , face palming.

Harry nodded. "Did she say anything else, like the reason why she said no?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah she said something about us knowing each other for only 48 hours or something and that she isn't ready to date me" I mumbled.

Harry sighed. "Zayn, not to be a party killer, and you know I'm always on for a good party." He smirked , pumping his hands up and down. I chuckled a bit and shook my head. " But , Natalie has a point ." He added.

I rolled my eyes and groaned. Harry started to chuckle.

"I'm being serious." He said chuckling. "Girls come up with all these crazy feelings inside and say millions of things us guys will never understand , but with this idea , I'm sure Natalie does like you as a person , she just .. uh ... maybe she has other ideas in mind or maybe you may be just a friend to her , or maybe she's just interested in another guy." he addressed.

"Another guy?" I asked. I sighed.

Harry looks at me in sympathy and he rubbed his face with his hand.

"I didn't mean-" Harry was about to say .

" - I just thought she did like me man, but I don't know, I could have read the signs wrong." I interrupted , looking down.

"Well Zayn , the one cannot be found within 48 hours i'll admit that." Harry sighed

"Then what the f*ck do you call that?" I ask pointing to Niall and Courtney , She and Niall were sitting on a blanket together laughing and talking.

Harry looks confusingly and shrugged his shoulders. "Well that uh... well... okay for one thing no one ever tells me anything in this house, cause I didn't even know that was happening." Harry confessed.

"I just ... she's different." Was all I could say. "How? Plus you've just met her Zayn , we don't really know her yet." Harry advised.

"True, but she's not like other girls, that's just it. We talk into deep conversations, conversations that for some damn reason I wish would never end, and we both laugh together at the most random of things ... these past two days have been the most peaceful days of my life I felt so normal, like the fame was never even there , It felt real... she's so collected.. calm.. understanding, she gets me. She gets us guys. Our band-"

"Dude Natalie didn't know who the hell our band was until Courtney told her, she told me that!" He laughed.

I chuckled. "Well... she does now, and does that change her mind? No.. she still treats us as if were some guys at school or just normal boys she's met and hangs out with, girls like that are rare, she's got this thing in my mind that wont stop chasing me."