𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

Like a gift from the heavens

It was easy to tell

It was love from above

That could save me from Hell

Will was filling out paperwork, singing as always. The work was tedious, but that didn't mean he had to be unhappy while he did it.

Today had been a good day. There weren't a lot of patients, due to few accidents and injuries.

Since it was almost midnight, Will got ready for bed. He put the files in his desk and stood up.

A sense of unease washed over him. He looked over his shoulder, feeling as though he was being watched. He walked out of his office.

Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Will tried to turn, only for someone to punch him in the face.
Will stumbled back, cursing. He reached for his bow-- which he didn't have with him. Thinking fast, he grabbed the stethoscope draped across his shoulders.

Will turned to face his attacker. His heart stopped. It had the head of a goat and the body of a human, with elongated canines and glowing red eyes.

A demon.

With a cry, Will brought the silver end of the stethoscope across the demon's face, using it like a whip.

The demon faltered, hissing.

In a heartbeat, Will had the stethoscope around its throat, pulling hard. The demon choked, clawing at Will's hands.

But then another pair of hands pressed a damp, foul-smelling fabric to his nose, and everything went black.