Chapter 2

"How was your first day at Pines Middle School, sweetie?" David's mom asked. "It was way better than any day at my old school." David responded laughing. "Good! I'm proud!" His mom started laughing to.
"Did you make any friends?"
"Yeah..." David responded, but was actually lying. He tried to stay away from people best as he could. "Good! Dinner will be done in 10 minutes." His mom said politely.
David ran into his room and gently, closed his door and flopped onto his bed with no care whatsoever, of being lazy.
*New Message* David's phone said.
"You can run but you can't hide." David threw his phone and hid under his covers. He thought to himself, "why me!? Why do I have to get these creepy texts!?".
Suddenly, he heard tapping on his window...
*tap, tap, tap, tap.*
It sounded like a fingernail constantly hitting his window, but it wasn't hard tapping. Kind of medium...
Then... it stopped, *screeeech, tap, tap.*
"OMG!" David thought to himself. Somebody just scrapped something like a knife on his window, then the tapping continued.

Several minutes passed, the sound stopped... it went quiet. "Is it safe?" He asked himself.
He slowly lifted up the covers and poked his head out, coast was clear. He didn't notice anything not normal.
He got up and walked slowly over to his window, 'why is my window open!?' He asked himself, running back over to his bed and hiding back under the covers.