Prologue

Sebalim stood proud as he held his new born child close to his fast-beating chest. A patch of lightning blonde hair already sprouting out from the top of her little head and hands that clenched her father’s thumb hard, it was only her destiny to grow up to be great, and she would know nothing for years. As the family held to one another it seemed as if the whole world was turning just for them, everything was beautiful, everything was just so god damn perfect.

Boushh shot the doors as the four reapers burst into the room. Their faces cloaked under silver-black hoods and hands warped like that of their minds, the four of them suddenly shocked towards the new born sending flashes of light around the room. The shocking was something the reapers would use a lot, a process by which they could teleport any object into their hand with only a flash of light to signal its happening.

The one at the front shocked a scythe into his left grip before swinging for the heads of the huddled family. All of a sudden, Sebalim spun around and threw his palm towards the hooded figures as four blue crescents shot from each of his fingers. As he did so, three of the four reapers were knocked back into the hospital wall as one evaded the attack with a quick roll to his right. Quickly he shocked back to his feet and then ran at the child once more shocking quicker and brighter but it was all useless as Sebalim jumped into the air and spun swiftly before landing a kick into that of his foe’s out-stretched leg. The two crashed back to the floor hitting two small craters under their feet, in doing so the hood fell back off of the reaper’s head revealing a pasty white and scarred face.

The reaper’s hair was a bright blond like that of his foe’s new daughter and cut into stylish short spikes, his eyes black with hate and a devilish smile. Quickly the other reapers shocked to their feet and rejoined their captain mute as death, the reapers were undoubtedly stronger than the ones Sebalim had to beat on his way to Bastial and knew he had to get serious, so handed his daughter back to his wife and then closed his eyes. As he reopened them his wings were high out his shoulders and his eyes an almost white not to mention new elf-like ears that pushed through his jet black hair.

‘Serenity, take our daughter away from here’ As Sebalim said this he passed a couple of strange sparkly runes to his wife and then within seconds her and her daughter had disappeared. ‘You’re not following them’ Sebalim said slowly turning to the reapers as they took four runes out of the cloaks. Promptly Sebalim threw eight more crescents at his opponents’ runes knocking them clear out of their hands before they had time to move.

With that, the fight was finally under way and Sebalim immediately shock-waved into the air, arms lit up by white lightning. Sebalim suddenly collided with the reapers but this time it was he who was knocked back as the four conjured an icy blue force field. Climbing quickly back to his feet Sebalim suddenly started to glow a pale yellow colour and then lunged forward once more at the four men this time hitting two through a following wall and the other two simply to the floor ahead of him. After this he slowly picked the captain up by his neck above him, ‘She’s mine’. Suddenly he threw the reaper back to the floor and then held his hand out in front of him and summoned the runes around him. Swiftly they flew to his hand and after placing three into his jacket, he flashed out of the room to rejoin his wife.

‘How is she?’ Sebalim said as he walked over to his wife and now crying child. His wings were now no longer visible and his ears and eyes back to their original shapes and colour.

‘A little shaken up but that’s understandable after getting spun around like that, I mean what were you thinking?’

‘I’m sorry Seren. Are we able to take her to her new home now or are the charms still not finished?’ Sebalim said softly as he walked up behind his wife and gave her an affectionate hug and kiss to the neck.

‘No they’re finished now but we have no more Belle runes’

‘Ah that is where you are wrong’ Sebalim stood back and Serenity turned around to see three runes lying in his outstretched hand.

‘Now where’d you get those?’ Serenity said smiling gently and taking two of the runes out of his hand. ‘This is it, you ready?’ Serenity slowly leaned in and kissed her husband as they disappeared into the air and readied themselves for the start of their new lives.