G L A S S S L I P P E R S

"Her hand in his, he became her tomorrows."

- atticus

▼▲▼▲▼ ▼▲▼▲▼ ▼▲▼▲▲▼▲▼

( i added how old Mira was at each chapter bc of any confusion :) 

Three Months Later (Mira's Eight Years Old)

Mira stood outside, staring up at the dark sky. Her favorite Cinderella doll in her hands as she looked at the sparkling sky.

"One star, two stars, three stars." She slapped her forehead, playfully laughing as she continued talking to the stars. "Oh my God, there's so many stars."

She laughed, a gentle laugh. Smiling up at the stars, smiling up at her mother. She was talking to her mother, telling her about her day.

It had slowly become a habit. Talking to the stars, it was something she did every night.

"I got a ninety-five percent on my spelling test today. Mommy, did you know my teacher said my sentences are getting better and I speak more clear now."

She looked down at her doll, brushing Cinderella's golden hair. "Stupid Aaron, he got a hundred percent like always."

Mira looked back to the stars, the shining stars. "I got unanimous wrong. I spelled it with two m's instead."

"Daddy promised me that he will take me to Disneyland for my birthday. And chocolate cake! He promise he buy me a chocolate cake with flowers. Daddy said after dinner he'll watch frozen with me today. Elsa is my favorite. But I still like Cinderella more."

"Cinderella is the best. Daddy said he'll buy me a new Cinderella dress. A sparkly blue one!"

She shivered, a gently breeze, the cool spring wind.

Her smile slowly fading as she stared up at the sky. Her voice barely above a whisper.

"Mommy, I really miss you." Her eyes flooded with tears, the stars blurring into yellow spots. "Mommy, I really miss you."

"Please, mommy, come home. I promise I'll behave. I won't hit Ryan and I'll eat my veggies, even zucchini's and I'll do all my homework. Stupid homework, Aaron always copies off of me anyway. And I'll clean my room every week. Please mommy. Please. Can you come back home?"

"I miss you, Mommy."

Seven Years Later (Mira's Fifteen Years Old) 

"I hate you." Mira narrowed her eyes , glaring at Aaron as he gave her wink before looking back down at her phone.

"Lies. Come on, Mira. Everyone knows you secretly love me." He leaned forward, rocking his chair. "Now what's your password."

"Give me my phone." Mira reached for her phone, trying to snatch it out of his hands as he continued entering random numbers, trying to figure out her password. "You're going to lock it. Give it back."

"Stop being a stupid zucchini and give me my phone back." She glared at him, reaching again for her phone as he swatted her hands away.