"Then we shall forget your real name, Tea." He winked, black lashes falling and rising. "I am called Franco." He whispered, smiling softly as he stared down at Tea.

Making her feel loved.

Making her feel as she'd never felt before.

Special.

Before long, Franco had told Tea all about his home down in Mexico, and how he would take her away with him. They would make a home together. A life together.

Tea felt like she could cry, or scream. Joy overtaking her completely at the mere thought. Never had her life seemed so amazing.

"Young one, you are a lycan, no?" He asked, and Tea nodded grimly, feeling uncomfortable.

Lycans were different than werewolves. Some would even go as far as saying superior.

She didn't want Franco to feel inferior, though she still had at least a year until she could actually shift into her Lycan form. By then her human form would grow taller. Judging by her mother's height, that would be at least 7 more inches. Her strength would reach ridiculous heights and she wouldn't age a day.

"Are you... okay with that?" She asked nervously, looking at her bare feet. A soft laugh filled the air, the deep timber of it sounded like the sweetest music. A warm finger caressed a lock of her fiery red hair before going to her chin to lift her face to look up at his.

"Of course, mi amor. You are perfect the way you are." Franco said, a twinkle in his eyes. "So shy. So sweet. Adventurous." He laughed, referring to her shoe-less feet. Tea giggled, making Franco smile.

"And, may I say, beautiful." He breathed as he brushed Tea's lips with the pad of his thumb. "And that's not even the best thing about you."

She smiled brightly, feeling overwhelming happiness fill her. Her mate thought she was all of those wonderful things. No one had ever talked to her like that before.

"Meet me tonight after sunset. There is a small house east of here, the only house for miles actually." Tea mumbled, holding Franco's hand tighter in hers. "I will be packed and ready for you to take me away by then."

With a kiss on the hand and a heart full of excitement, Tea sprinted to her home to collect her things.

❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀

A golden flash was all it took to change her life for good. Who knew love could come so fast?

It was immediate. It was deep and beautiful and hope filled. Tea could hardly contain her excitement as she sprinted farther and farther through the grass field, heading straight for the dark black farmhouse.

The front yard was spotted with pink light from the sunset, making Tea smile ridiculously big.

Everything was beautiful on a day like this.

"Father! Father!" Tea yipped when her palms hit the screen door, propelling the frame into the wall with a loud smack, her power forgotten in her haste.

She traveled from room to room until she came upon the alpha office. The towering door clad with the dreaded words, "Alpha Cole".

The place was strictly off-limits, but Tea made a fist and wrapped her knuckles against the wood anyway.

"What?!" The alpha growled, making Tea shiver, but it didn't erase her resolve.

"I need to speak with you, father! I have amazing news to share! Open the door." She knocked again, and sure enough the hinges squeaked as the large room was revealed, as was a hulking lycan, an angry, hulking lycan.