Part 4

*Time skip*

I looked at the battling pair in shock as they fought back and forth between each other

I looked at the battling pair in shock as they fought back and forth between each other. My eyes were barely able to catch up with them as they darted through the trees. The sharingan's reddish glints followed the shadows.

I wonder if I'll be able to make them out if I have the Sharingans.

I shook my head as my thoughts wandered away from the current battle.

"Not bad, Itachi. You have improved." Shisui-kun's voice echoed through the clearing. I looked around in surprise. Shisui was still fighting Itachi-kun in the clearing, yet he has managed to project his voice from somewhere else. I tried to locate the source of the voice, looking through the trees, trying to catch movement.

"Are you trying to find me?" Shisui-kun's voice suddenly said behind me. I shivered and jerked around to find Shisui-kun smiling at me.

I quickly reaching for my kunai while flashing an innocent smile. I launched the kunai at Shisui and it ripped through the center of his head. He instantly melted into the shadows.

"Shadow-clone." I muttered as I put back my kunai. I wanted to help Itachi-kun as much as I could and I suppose this is the least I can do. Although I admire Shisui-kun very much, I still hoped, in the bottom of my heart, for Itachi-kun to win.

I continued to trace their battle with my eyes and soon noticed a pattern. Itachi-kun's defences were mostly concentrated on his left side meaning Shisui-kun usually attacks on his right. However, most of Itachi's shurikens and kunais were deflected by Shisui-kun's right hand.

Is Shisui-kun letting Itachi-kun go off easy? I though as I found myself noticing more and more patterns in Shisui's attack.

He's not supposed to let Itachi-kun off easy... The patterns are coming repeatedly now. Is Shisui-kun testing Itachi-kun's skills to predict enemy's moves while battling? But why haven't Itachi-kun noticed yet?

I watched in worry and wonder at the two. Only their flickering shadows are visible now between the tree tops.

Shisui-kun moved the battlefield up into the trees...

"Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu!" A muffled voice shouted as a huge fireball erupted and flew across the tree tops, scorching everything in it's path. I covered my face as the ashes fell to the ground.

I coughed as the ashes flew around me, making the forest air gray and dead-looking. The sound of shurikens and kunais clashing was no longer heard. Who is the winner...? I wondered as I looked around the empty clearing.

? I wondered as I looked around the empty clearing

"Umi-chan~, the duel is over. Do you want to have a try?" Shisui-kun's voice suddenly called out from the tree above me. I looked up to find his clothes covered with soot and his body covered with several slashes.

"Where is Itachi-kun?" I asked casually, trying not to let my worry show.

"Itachi, come out, don't be shy." Shisui-kun called out, a hint of playfulness in his voice. I watched curiously as the shadow leaped out of the trees. As my vision focused on him and I finally clearly saw his form, I found my face starting to heat up.

"I....Itachi-kun.... Are... are you.. okay?" I stuttered and looked down. I can feel my face boiling and my hands starting to sweat.

"Yes." He answered uncomfortably, trying to cover his bare chest with the remains of his training gear. In the instant I had looked up, I saw Itachi-kun shirtless, standing on the tree branch, the remains of his training gear hanging off his body. The ashes remaining from the katon was still lingering in the air, making the forest look fantastical and mysterious.

And I'm here with a half-naked Itachi-kun...

I felt my face redden with this thought and scolded myself, mentally, NEVER to think that again.

"Umi-chan~ Are you ready? Itachi-kun can watch while I duel with you and get a idea of your abilities." Shisui-kun called form above again.

"Okay..." I began to answer but was rapidly cut off by Shisui-kun launching himself down at me, kunai in hand. I wondered whether I'll be able to even hurt Shisui-kun at all before fulling engaging into the battle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the suckish fight scenes that will come...

Hopefully I'll get better at this because there will be a lot more fighting scenes later on...

>/_\<~