Golden Mermaid

"Hey dad have you seen Johnny anywhere?" "I don't believe so precious." Indeed it had been maybe ten minutes since the performance and Johnny's sudden escape from the group. Though Drac's mind wasn't really on Johnny, it was entirely on Golden Mermaid's performance.

She could've been a monster, but what kind of monster? A mermaid that can turn human, a humanoid zombie? So many options... He tapped his chin and tried in vain to choice one in particular. "Johnny, you're back." "Sure am, and I brought a friend." Drac lazily looked up to greet his son-in-law and froze mouth gaping.

Standing beside the red head was blond, a beautiful blond, with big blue eyes and plump looking lips, she wore a dark blue dress shirt and a pair of yellow tan heels with laces. She shyly tucked a strand of golden hair behind her ear and stood up a little straighter, then her gaze met Drac's.

As soon as both pairs of eyes met, a pink glitter light glazed over them and circled the edges as a sparkle lit up their centers. Abruptly, she turned and ran off leaving Drac to gape some more.

"Darn, knew I should've waited until tommorrow to introduce you guys to her, she's always so shy after a show." Drac finally stood and zoomed after the escaping female, soon finding her at the metal railing looking out on the night, he stopped and took a few deep breaths.

"Hi." She jumped and whirled around with light squeal, eyes going a pinch wider at who it was. She didn't say anything only looked over the dressed in black male. "Mind if I join you?" She hesitated before shaking her head, he smiled lightly before coming to her side. Silence fell over them.

"That was some performance you gave back there." She manged a weak smile. "Do you like that song?" A gentle nod, he looked at her. "You're not much of a talker are you?" Pause, followed by a shake of the head.

"You're very pretty." Her mouth dropped open, head whipping around to stare at the now smiling Dracula. He noticed how her lips parted, slow and sweet to form a perfect o, they snapped shut and opened a few times before a soft voice stammered out in such adorable gibberish he had to retrain himself from pinching her cheeks between his fingers.

"There you guys are!" Both looked up to see Mavis, Johnny and the rest of the gang come walking up, Vlad cast a flirty wave to the blond female who returned it politely.

"Drac, I see you've met my high school pal." "She's the person you were talking about?" He looked back at the female with wide eyes, she looked down at the deck with a shy smile, Johnny jumped up and pulled her into his grasp.

"Yep, this gal and I go way back, we used to egg houses on Halloween because no one really gave a damn. Isn't that right Mermaid?" The female hesitated before muttering a 'mm hm' under her breath, Drac resisted the urge to squeal over how cute it was.

"I see you've already met Drac, aren't you gonna say hello Mermaid?" Her big blue eyes darted briefly to Drac's before going back down. "Hi." The voice was unbelievably sweet and soft, like silk wrapped around a china plate, it was the straw that broke the camel's back and Drac erupted.

"Holy rabies but you are so adorable, like a baby vampire, I just wanna hug you and squeeze you 'cause YOU'RE SO GOSH DARN CUTE!!!" With a squeak of surprise, she darted from Johnny's grasp and ran off. Everyone glared at Drac.

"What?" "You just completely terrified her! (sigh) Better go track her down." Said Johnny, after he left everyone else departed and the lord of darkness was left alone.

"Well that was beyond stupid." A childlike giggle made him whirl around. "Who's there? Show yourself!" The giggle came again before a figure came out of nowhere, it was Golden Mermaid, Drac's jaw dropped.

"How did you-?" She giggled under her breath, stopping his protests midsentence. "You're not offended by what I did?" She shook her head with a gentle smile. "So...we're cool?" An eager nod, eyes a glimmer. "Would it be too much to ask your real name?" She hesitated before walking up until she was at arm's length away, twice she cleared her throat, before standing on her tiptoes and leaning forward until her lips barely brushed over his ear.

"Rachel." Then she pulled back, looking at the vampire expectedly, it took him a moment to catch on. "Dracula." Her smile was gentle and sweet. "Nice to meet you Dracula, I hope this isn't the last time we speak." He barely nodded as she walked off, it wasn't until she was gone when he squealed under his breath.

"So adorable." Before practically floating off to find Mavis.