Xavier is Dying: 4

reader's discretion: a very very mild sexual nature is seen in this chapter

Xavier's POV:

The party Aries invited us to was due to start in an hour and Bella was through the roof in panic.

She'd already decided to wear a black skin tight dress that stopped mid way up her thighs and some chunky black heels. I'd sat and watched her curl her hair for the last hour and finish off her makeup which was weird to watch. Next to Bella, I felt severely underdressed considering I was wearing black jeans, black converse and a plain blue tee. I did have my leather jacket as well but Bella decided she was going to wear it on the way over so it was resting on her shoulders as she finished applying lipstick. My look just felt very plain compared to how much effort Bella made.

"Come on Bella, you've been searching for an hour now," I sighed as she was searching for this one necklace.

"The look isn't complete without it, you wouldn't understand. Men!" She grumbled as she searched under my bed.

"Women," Was all I replied, rolling my eyes and tapping my foot on the floor impatiently.

"I found it!" She squealed in delight as she got up, putting the necklace on and then grabbing my leather jacket off her shoulders to properly put it on.

Bella and I still needed to drink before we left otherwise we would need to show up sober and that was not on the table. It took wolves forever to get drunk because of how quickly our bodies burn through alcohol meaning we'd need to stand around drunk people stone cold sober for well over an hour after we got there. Not happening.

wondering down to the kitchen, Bella and I pulled out our drink from the fridge and began talking about all the recent drama which had unfolded. It was at this moment Dante walked in looking dressed up, fixing the collar of his burgandy button up.

"Why are you dressed for a party?" He questioned me with furrowed brows as he grabbed his own drink stash from the cupboard above the fridge.

"Aries invited us yesterday," I replied before taking a shot of tequila with Bella, grimacing at the taste. Bella, who was also grimacing, shook her head as she poured us another round.

"Aries never invites anyone, he just expects people to show up, stop trying to be a big shot. Plus you don't even talk to Aries," Dante deadpanned, coming over and settling across from us on the kitchen island. He began pouring his own shots which looked like vodka.

Party crasher.

"Don't question me on how Aries acts. I painted him in art class, then ran into him at the tux shop so he invited Bella and I thinking we were dating," I explained as Bella watched the small back and forth between us.

"Strange, that painting must of been pretty fucking good. And you and Bella, thats hilarious," Dante joked as he took his shot, grimacing himself and placing the glass back on the counter.

"Guess so, but hey, since you're here we should play drinking games!" I offered, standing up and heading to the kitchen junk drawer to produce a set of playing cards.

"Sure," Dante shrugged.

We decided to try and get drunk quick by playing 'never have I ever' and the card game where you sit the stack on top of the drink and take turns blowing some cards off. Whoever ends up blowing off the last card has to drink the whole drink.

It was fair to say that by the time we were ready to leave, we were all a bit buzzed.

Dante and I never really got along much but it was times like this I was thankful he was my brother. The times where we'd just sit back and laugh were the best and it made me realise just how much I could actually rely on him.