08

"We got your boy, Sam!" Warren yelled as I pushed the small boy out the door and towards her.

"Open the door" someone from up above yelled.

"They are nice people, they just need food" Sam walked towards an elderly lady.

I was too focused on all the women surrounding us with weapons and the fact that it were only women that I didn't hear much of the conversation.

"That doesn't look too good" the woman said looking at Cassandra's leg.

"It's infected" she breathed out.

The lady seemed to think about something before she told us that she could get checked up inside. As Doc went to lead her closer she stopped him though and I tilted my head in confusion.

"Okay, how long is it going to take?" Murphy poked his annoying little head out of the car.

"You are free to leave" the woman said glancing at him.

"He won't, we are a group" Warren explained with a small smile.

"That's great but you have to split up in one way or another." She argued and I felt a knot building up in my stomach, not liking the idea of our group getting separated.

"We only allow women and kids in here" she finally said.
"You can stay for 24 hours, we'll patch you up and get you some food" she added and Addy began taking Cassandra from Doc to get inside.

"Addy" Mack began but Warren assured him she would watch her.

"Young lady, what about you?" She smiled at me but I unintentionally took a step closer to the person next to me.

"Nah, I'm good fam" I shook my head.

"Okay it's your choice" she nodded and soon the door closed again.

"Please tell me you did not just say that" Mack facepalmed.

"What? I panicked okay? I have a weird feeling about this" I defended myself and leaned against the car.

We soon realised it was unbearably hot in the open so we started to get a small tent thing going as Murphy wandered off a little, watching the women closely.

"On second thought, I should've went" I brushed some sweat off my forehead.

"No, I won't leave you ever again" Mack gave me a warm smile and a pointed look.

"I hope you'll remember that this time" I glared at him.

"I don't like that there are this many women" Doc stated.

"Hey" I playfully hit his shoulder.

"I agree, the blonde one keeps staring at me" Murphy grunted.

"Don't talk about women like that, although I have to admit that she is pretty creepy..." I muttered the last part.

"Wake me up when apocalypse is over" I heard Murphy getting in a small tent a little further away.

"So there are only women in there?" 10k seemed a little too excited for my liking as he stepped closer.

"Yeah and your imagination is all you'll get" Doc raised an eyebrow as 10k turned around and walked to Murphy's tent frowning slightly.

"You know with this many women, I'm starting to ask myself where their men went" I crossed my arms as I saw Mack nodding.

"Maybe we could ask her" Doc's eyes lit up and he walked a few steps towards the blonde woman.

"I brought pie" she smiled but her eyes kept roaming around us.