12: Osa is home

Author's note.

Haba. I know some people were already planning to beat me. Issokay. I have written seh.

And for those of you who inspired me this week

zesty98
Alexilorien
IamMoana17
tentimileyin

This chapter is for you

Enjoy

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Kemi sat at the dinning table waiting for her husband to return. He had been spending more and more time away from home. With Chief Olowo's house problem still hanging over her head she'd barely been able to make time for him. But today, she had decided that they had to do something to enliven their relationship. It couldn't happen when his mother was around. She had no doubts that the woman had the guts to walk into the room while she and Osa were making love just to ensure that they would have a baby.

That was why she had planned this weekend get away. She had the hotel room key in her hand and she couldn't wait for him to return. Her mother-in-law occasionally glared at her but she didn't mind. She allowed her eyes to drift to the plate of yam porridge on the table. Although the food was covered, Kemi didn't doubt that the food had turned cold. She stared at her wristwatch, the table, the vase, her phone, anything as long as it wasn't the yellow accusing eyes of her mother in-law.

She knew that mama blamed her for Osa's late nights but how was it her fault? He had been promoted and his work load had increased. The fact that he was doing the work meant for two people did not help. She wished he would get an assistant. She missed spending the evenings with him. She would rather have him being irritated at her and watching football on the couch than have him staying far away from home.

Mama stood up abruptly and carried the plate to the kitchen. Kemi tried to keep the smile off her face. She and mama were still trying to keep Osa's appetite for themselves but it seemed like they were now competing with the Eat-out close to his office. His reply everyday was always the same, "Don't worry. I've eaten."

Kemi had got tired of trying to persuade him to eat. Her real competition was mama not Mr. Biggs or Tantalizer. He would eventually crave real food and that was something he would need during weekends like this. She still made an effort though. She always made sure she was awake before mama and that by the time Osa was ready for work, she had his breakfast ready and his lunch packed. Osa would always eat mama's breakfast and take Kemi's to work. He also ate some of her breakfast too that was whenever mama was not looking.

Kemi heard the sound of the car horn and she leapt to her feet. She straighted her dress and cautioned herself inwardly for being so jumpy. It was just Osa afterall. She wanted nothing more than to latch her lips to his and hold him to herself but she had to be normal because Osa could be in one of his down moods again.

She heard the car honk several times and she wondered why she hadn't heard the sound of the metal gates opening.

"Bubba. Bubba!" She yelled.

"Yes ma!" The gateman screamed despite hearing the car horn from outside. Kemi saw mama approach her from the kitchen so she set her feet in motion. She walked to the door and went outside the house. Under the light of the moon she could make out the figure of a man clothed with lather on his body. As she peered closer she could see that Bubba was clothed in just lather and wet boxers.