chapter 1: memories

My child hood is a messed up blurr. I can remember bits and pieces of it at a time. My earliest memory is me around the age of six  hiding in my tree house, although I wouldn't really call it hiding I was scared to go down the slide and see what was waiting down there for me.  Of course this sounds silly but I was afraid, afraid of a dog that could rip me in peices, but it was chained so far across the yard it couldn't get to me at all...so why was I so scared?
     The next memory isn't as pleasant as a little girl scared to go down a slide and face a chained up dog. It's a real problem that people all around the world go through everyday. This problem is called "drugs and abuse". I was around the age of six and I remember living next door to my grandma. There was always drugs going in and out of my house because, my mom and dad were still very young, and messed around with them. One night my mom woke me up and rushed me next door to my grandma's house  and left screaming for me to stay inside while tears rushed down her face. Me being the upset, and curious six year old I once was decided to look out the living room window. I can't say I wasn't  shocked to see my dad chasing my older sister and brother out of the house with a knife screaming that he was possessed. After they nearly escaped him and ran down the street, the cops arrived. He then wrestled the cops until they forced him into the car. That was the first time I ever saw my dad leave home in a police car.
     One thing that be not only changed my life but every one in my families life was the birth of my little sister 'ayane'. I was only five when my mom had her... I don't even remember her ever being pregnant. My sister put us through alot because of difficulties at birth. My sister was born with poop in her airways causing her to stop breathing during birth. My mom and dad never gave up on her even though they couldn't hold their baby until she recovered after three months old. Because my mom already risked loosing her, her and my dad stopped doing drugs and she wouldn't let anyone else who did drugs touch her. Because of my mom's great choice to not let drug attics touch her baby my grandpa stopped doing drugs and helped raise me and my three siblings almost throughout our whole lives.
     I don't remember alot about my childhood but one thing I could never forget is how much we moved schools. And if changing schools every other year wasn't bad enough my mom and dad would fight almost everyday. What they didn't realize is how much it affected the children in the house.