three

lonely teddy bear

your p.o.v

          The mansion in the dead of night is a cold, quiet, and eerie place. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. This type of environment is very familiar despite the fact it puts me on edge. A sense of calmness washes over my anxiety as I enter the living room, the fireplace lit and the flames flickering some, embers flying off only to burn out before they even have a chance to land on the tiled floor.

          I feel as if this right here is where I'm most comfortable. In a large room, cold as ever with nothing but the fireplace crackling to life to watch over me. Though I can't help but expect to have someone walk in to keep me company. I wonder why that is..?

          As I tentatively approached the fireplace, I stopped just before I passed the couch. Sitting there without its owner is a small bear; a teddy bear wearing a cute pink vest and an eye patch over its left eye to be exact. It sits there idly on the couch simply minding its own business. Something tells me I should remember this bear...

          With little hesitation, I walk over and crouch down some to be more eye leveled with the cute stuffed animal. "You, little guy, are awfully familiar... Did you know that?" I asked more to myself than to the inanimate teddy bear. "You want to know why that is too don't you?"

          Unsurprisingly, the bear didn't respond.

          I stood up and gently grabbed the teddy bear, holding it as I wandered my way over to the fireplace. Placing the stuffed bear down lightly onto my lap, I sat down on the edge of the fireplace's border, enjoying the warmth radiating from the flames. This mansion really is too cold for my liking. I can almost feel the cold seeping through not only my school uniform but through my skin and straight to my bones...

          Do vampires need to be warm? I wouldn't think so, but, I could be wrong. It's nice to be warm though so maybe that's why they keep the fireplace lit? Or is it only for another light source? Gosh, now I'm curious if these creatures of the night actually require heat to function or if they can just survive in this cold mansion of there's with not a problem whatsoever. It would suck if they were just cold all the time don't you think? No one should always feel cold-

          "What do you think you're doing with Teddy?"

          I quickly looked back towards the large doors that lead out of the living room only to find an amethyst haired vampire now standing no more than a few feet away from me, a look of pure boredom gracing his features as his eyes narrow some in an almost accusing manner. "There was no one here and the teddy bear was all alone..." I mumbled in response, the vampire's glare only intensifying at my answer.

          In a dangerously low voice, the amethyst haired vampire crouched down just in front of me and murmured "no one touches Teddy and gets away with it."

          Before I could so much as register his words, he suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me up with ease, the teddy bear falling from my lap and lifelessly to the floor at our feet. He held my wrist high above his head, his grip tightening to the point I can feel my bones on the verge of snapping like a twig, our chests touching as he smiles wickedly at me. "W-What are you doing?" I stuttered out lamely.

          The amethyst haired vampire laughed at my pitiful state. "You're so weak- you can't fight back even the slightest bit can you?" His voice suddenly took on a calmer more concerned tone. "It's sad. You're like a trapped butterfly here with us, and yet, we can't truly harm you..."