eight

change   of   heart

your p.o.v

"If there was one thing you could change, what would it be?"

I stared at the blonde for a moment with a questioning look. "What type of question is that, Kou?"

He shrugged as a smile danced across his lips, the two of us being the only ones sitting in the main living room of the Mukami's mansion. "I don't know. It just popped into my head and now I'm curious. You remember some stuff about us, maybe not everything, but some things so if you could change just one thing, what would that be?"

"I don't know. There's nothing I'd change as of right now I guess." I murmured while we sat together on the large couch. The howls outside stopped a little while ago, nothing but silence falling comfortably around us. "Though it's weird knowing that we used to know each other way back then, you know? I go from having no recollection of anything to suddenly remembering you and your brothers so vividly... It's, weird. I can remember certain things from my time with you four, but my childhood before and after I met you and your brothers is still a mystery..."

Kou was quiet for a moment. He soon shifted his attention back to me, his left eye glowing a vibrant blood red suddenly. "Do you wish that you didn't remember us..?" He then asked, the question itself as well as his glowing red eye shocking me to an extent.

"Of course not," I answered immediately without an ounce of hesitation, "why would I wish to not remember you guys?"

"We weren't exactly the nicest to you when you first showed up at the orphanage." Kou said with a dejected laugh. "You were just some random girl who wouldn't leave us alone and it was only when you helped Ruki that we began accepting you."

My eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Helped Ruki?" I repeated lamely. No memory of me helping him has resurfaced just yet...

The blonde nodded some. "He's never told us what exactly it is you did, but, it was big enough for him to take you in like you were apart of our small family. We began liking you too eventually, but that beginning wasn't the best for first impressions."

"I don't remember that time actually." I murmured. "I remember all the good times though. Like when you'd let me climb into your bed on the top bunk when I was too scared to sleep and the times when we'd stay up talking about the most random of things for the sake of talking to one another. I actually kind of miss those days now that I can remember them." I flashed the blonde vampire a small smile. "But I'd never want to just not remember you guys. You and your brothers mean a lot to me."

Kou chuckled. "If you say so ___."

We sat in a calm silence for a little while before the blonde suddenly thought up of another question to ask. "Those howls earlier while we were at the orphanage, do you know what that was all about? I heard howls at school the night Kino attacked you too..."

"Don't tell him about the church just yet."

Heading Yui's advice, I kept quiet on that instance and instead shook my head. "The howls were familiar, but I can't remember why. I feel like I've heard them before and that I don't have a reason to be scared of them, though that's all I can recall as of right now."

"They're wolves, shouldn't you be scared of them?" Kou asked with a wry grin. "Unless you just have some sort of death wish." He then chuckled.