By the time I was done getting ready, it was around 8:30am and I decided to finally go wake up Nick. Phoenix insisted he get up at 8, but when he wasn't around, I usually let him sleep in until he woke up naturally. Today though, I had a lot I wanted to get done.

I crept into his room and pushed open the door that was already slightly cracked to see the eleven year old snuggled in his blankets softly snoring.

I sat gently on the side of his bed and shook him slightly, causing his eyes to open just about right away. He was for a sure a light sleeper, just like his brother, where as  I could sleep through anything a majority of the time.

"Morning! I was thinking we can go get breakfast somewhere and then do a little home shopping?" I asked softly as he was still trying to wake up.

After some eye rubbing he sat up and cracked his back making me wince a little.

"Can I get a new X-box game at the store?" He questioned and I shrugged my shoulders.

"That's something you'll definitely have to ask your brother." I chuckled at his attempt.

"So that's a no. But yeah I'm down. Later tonight can I go hang out with my friends again?" He questioned while swinging his legs off of the bed.

"I think that's very possible." I smiled, making his grin grow.

I left his room, closing the door behind me and headed downstairs.

I began to unpack more kitchen items and breaking down all the empty boxes while I waited about about 15 minutes.

Nick finally came down, wearing jeans and a soft red v neck along with some white converses. His hair was still as messy as he woke up with it, making me wince a little.

As he made his way towards me I attempted to pat down the wild waves making him groan.

"I'm staving can we just eat already?" He whined as I still attempted to fix him up slightly.

"Yeah yeah yeah, let's go." I rolled my eyes as we exited out of the house and into my white Ford Explorer.

He got into the front seat, while I got into the drivers spot, heading towards a cute diner I had seen when we first made our way here.

"When can I learn how to drive?" He questioned, turning up the radio station that was playing a song from the girl who left fifth harmony.

"You're eleven." I chuckled taking a quick glance at him. "But I don't know maybe fifteen? That's when I learned to drive."

"I'm almost 12. And I'll be in middle school this year but really? When I was really young, like really young I remember Phoenix was like fifteen or sixteen he stole my dads car and went to a party." He told me while texting someone on his phone.

"Wait what!" I replied super shocked. "What happened next?" I pried for leverage to use against Nix whenever he was overly stern with his brother.

"I don't really remember. I think my dad went into the party he was at literally dragged him out." He tried to recall.

"That's probably the best thing Ive ever ." I replied as we pulled to the old time diner and got out of the car.

"Am I allowed to go to parties?" Nick asked me as I took his hand and held it in mine.

Ever since I met the little boy at age seven, he made a habit out of holding my hand whenever we went places. I would of thought he would of grew out of it by now, but he didn't seem ashamed or embarrassed, so we kept up our small tradition without much thought.