Hey! We meet again!

Începe de la început

As Shuuichi began to turn to open his briefcase, he spotted three people sitting a few tables away. At the table sat a familiar green-haired boy who wore a grey beanie with a white, half sleeve shirt that read "it's a mystery." Next to him sat a blonde haired girl who wore a cutesy long sleeved blouse over a frilly skirt and in front of him sat a petite, purple haired, boy who had three white pins in his hair and was wearing a white sweater with a simple dice on it. It was clearly too big for him but he seemed comfortable. All of their chairs had their jackets sprawled behind them. The three weren't really doing anything, just goofing around like any other group of teenagers. Of course they would, the school year practically just started for them. Shuuichi looked away from them before either they or Kiibo would notice.

Shuuichi quickly got out his binder and so did Kiibo. They began to discuss the list of topics the teacher had given them and what they should work on first. ————————————————————————
"So, what are we doing again on Saturday?" Rantarou asked idly as he looked down at his phone screen for a time check. Kokichi was babbling around about some plans. "I said that we should totally watch the new superhero movie that's coming out! I heard it's going to be awesome!" Kokichi beamed. How is this kid in high school? Kaede chuckled at his enthusiasm. "I'm in!" She said and Rantarou nodded. "I'm in too!" He said as the three of them stacked their hands on top of each other. "Oh yeah! Do you guys want to play a game of Speed? Ludenberg-senpai taught me how to play it. It was kind of funny how it was just me and her until Komaeda-senpai came in and decided to join us. It was really fun and Ludenberg-senpai even gave me her deck since I didn't 'waste her time' so we should check it out!" Kaede suggested as she got out a card deck from her bag.

Rantarou raised an eyebrow. "Speed, huh? I hadn't played that in quite a while." He said as Kaede set the deck on the table. Kokichi pouted. "The only card games I can play are Pokémon and Uno." He grumbled to himself. It didn't help that it was sort of hard to cheat on card games. "It's alright Ouma-kun, I'll go over the basics with you!" Kaede said cheerfully as she picked up some of the cards to begin shuffling. Her shuffling was sloppy and cards were scattering on the table, she furrowed her eyebrows to try to focus. "It's alright Akamatsu, I got this." Rantarou said with a smile as he took the cards and shuffled them with ease. "Wow! You're amazing Amami-kun!" She couldn't help but gush how quickly and smoothly Rantarou shuffled the cards. It seemed like an easy feat for him. "Yeah, I'm surprised that you can move your hands so fast without your millions of rings getting in the way!" Kokichi contributed, it was still a compliment even if he was being a little cheeky. "Ah no, it's nothing. One of my sisters likes these kinds of games so I learned how to shuffle over time." He said as he had started to quickly make everyone's deck, slamming a card in front of each person until each person had a small stack of five cards.

The game progressed and in the end, Kaede ended up winning. It only made sense. She did learn the game from Celestia Ludenberg, who was the absolute master at card games. As Kaede and Rantarou were gathering the cards to put away, Rantarou looked to see Kokichi looking in the distance. He seemed to have a smile on his face. "Ouma, what are you doing?" Rantarou asked with a sigh, this is going to be bad, isn't it? "Why don't you look for yourself?" He simply said, briefly looking at Rantarou. Rantarou looked and.. oh..

The same boy was sitting at the same table as the last time. The only difference is that he had a friend with him this time. The two were preoccupied in wide opened binders and study sheets, right the private schools were about to have their midterms. The other boy looked strange as his movements were a little stiffer and his uniform was similar to that of the black haired boy but it also looked rather different, as if it were tailored a certain way to cover up some sort of mechanic exterior. The black-haired boy at least didn't look as worried as he did last time, he just looked focused and even smiled here and there when he spoke to his friend. "So?" Rantarou just asked as he looked back at Kokichi. Kokichi looked back at Rantarou and smirked. "No." Rantarou simply said as he sipped on the drink he ordered. "I didn't even speak yet, meanie!" Kokichi stuck his tongue out like a little kid. "It's still a no." Rantarou reinforced. "Aw man.." Kokichi pouted and Kaede nervously chuckled. "What were you even thinking about?" Kaede asked as she noticed how Kokichi kept his pout. "I thought I'd be funny and slide over to their table and say something stupid or maybe something about Amami-chan." Kokichi explained with a small smile, trying not to laugh at the thought. "Okay, that's definitely a no." Rantarou strictly said and Kokichi sighed in defeat.

After some time filled with idle chatter, the three decided that they should all head back to their respected homes. Kokichi looked at the snow outside. "I hope we get a snow day tomorrow. I'm going to wear my pajamas inside out and sleep with a spoon to make sure!" He cheered at the thought of staying home for a day. It wasn't like he was wrong, the weather forecast did mention a snow storm that is to happen at night. "I hope so too." Kaede added with a smile as she slung her jacket over her shoulders, carefully closing every button. Rantarou walked over and opened the door. He made sure to let everyone get out before he did. However, he lost focus and held the door for too long. "Amami-chan! What are you doing?" Kokichi called out and Rantarou snapped back to reality. He was about to leave his post until he noticed two boys walking by him.

"T-thank you.." A familiar voice politely thanked him. "It's no problem." Rantarou said with a small chuckle as he looked down at the black haired boy who had ever so politely shown gratitude. "Yeah! Thank you!" His white-haired friend added, he was noticeably not wearing a jacket over his uniform, just a scarf. How strange. At least the cap on his head and the scarf around his neck was providing some sort of warmth, right? "Mhmm!" Rantarou replied as he looked into the cafe. It was safe to say that nobody else was leaving and Rantarou closed the door. He immediately spotted Kokichi's amused grin.

Wait.

Oh no.

"Were you waiting for him to come out Amami-chan~?" Kokichi sneered and Rantarou shook his head. "Of course not! You know that I hold the door for practically anyone!" Rantarou shot back but Kokichi only giggled. "Suuuureee.." He said. "Let's just all go home, okay? I don't want to stand here any longer." Kaede put an end to the conversation as the two boys agreed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuuichi noticeably looked a little flustered as he walked with Kiibo. Why, out of anyone, did it have to be him to open the door for them. "What's wrong, Saihara-kun?" Kiibo asked as he tried to peer under Shuuichi's cap. He could see a little bit of a red tint and he failed to understand the reason why. "Y-you know that fiasco I-I told you about..?" Shuuichi asked reluctantly. "Yeah, what about it?" Kiibo asked, he was quick to remember everything he was told. "Y-yeah.. T-that guy is um.. t-the one that was dared.." Shuuichi said quietly as he fidgeted a little.

"Dared? You don't mean-"

"Yeah.. I-I know, i-it's a little embarrassing.."

Shuuichi flushed, not only did the boy happen to be good looking but he was also very kind. He was always the one apologizing for his friend's mischief and trying to make it up to Shuuichi and even held the door for him, though that part didn't seem intentional. At the same time, it felt silly to Shuuichi how he's always running into that boy somehow. He looked up at the flakes of snow that were starting to fall on the pavement. They were small and melted quickly upon impact. "It's also odd how I'm always somehow running into him, one way or another.." Shuuichi idly said. "I know! It could be fate! Like you were destined to be friends!" Kiibo cheered and Shuuichi chuckled a little. Despite Kiibo's existence practically being the pinnacle of science, he still believed in things such as fate. Shuuichi didn't want to say anything, he just remained quiet. He did hope what Kiibo was saying didn't end up being true. They never even had a solid conversation with one another! Of course, it wouldn't be true.

It's just all too silly, right?