2 | The Life of Claudette Lowe

Start from the beginning

***

Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!

I was worried she might be annoyed by me!

It didn't take long for her to send her sons. We waited for the elevator and when we entered, she pressed the 10th-floor button.

"I'm sure you're ready meeting with Maya correct?" She started a conversation.

"Yes, ma'am."

"You ever work in such environment before?" I nodded.

"I did ma'am. Before I was fired." That piqued her interest.

"Oh? From which corporation?" She asked.

"Monolith Group, ma'am." She suddenly laughed at my answers. Was it funny? The way I said it?

"Just so you know, Monolith Group is one of our biggest rivals. We hated each other guts. I'm sure Amber would hate it when she knows that one of her ex-worker coming here for an interview." She continued to laugh.

Wait, Amber? Did she mean Miss Amber, the current Chief Executive Officer of Monolith Group?

"By the way, my name is Rafaela. I'm the Chief Operating Officer here in Clemonte Corporation. I'll be one of your interviewers today." She gave me a smile but it soon turned into something grim when the elevator door opens.

"Good luck." She said before leaving me in front of the door. There's a lot of people in the waiting area though. They seem so distinguished! I feel small.

"Hi, I'm here for the interview." The woman behind the counter smiled at me.

"Hello, ma'am. Welcome to Clemonte Corporation. Your name please?" I told her my name and she asked for my certificates and necessary files to present later on. She asked me to wait in the waiting area until my name is called.

Seeing everyone waiting for their turn, it's making me more nervous. Some of them even practicing how to greet the interviewer.

"Hi. Nervous? I am. I can't even sleep last night." A woman greeted me.

"Yea. I have never been so nervous before. Looking at the other candidates really does make you feel small." She chuckled.

"They're actually worried about you since they saw you walking with this company's COO. Mrs. Rafaela Stockholm is quite a famous name in the business world. We all thought that you might be related to her or something." I don't even know her until today.

"No. We're not related. We just met at the daycare center on the second floor." I literally heard some of them heave a sigh in relief!

"Miss Bianca Willow." The same woman who's behind the counter called the name of the person next to me.

"Good luck." I smiled at her. She gave me a thumbs up and followed the woman from earlier towards a room.

One by one of the people waiting in the waiting area were called and some leave with confidence and there's also someone that leave with tears flowing down their cheek.

They were that harsh?! Now I want to go home!

"Mrs. Claudette Lowe. It's your turn." I heard my name being called.

"Don't be nervous. Please follow me." She smiled. I followed her towards a room where she opens the door and let me in. This is a beautiful meeting room though.