The camps

Peter's POV

"Peter I realized that we never really talked about the camps." Anne said I look at her painful memories of being ripped away from her and my family filled my mind, I look away from her and shake my head. "We can't ignore everything that happened Peter we have to tell each other!" Anne says, I know she is right so I take her hand and we sit down. "Anne, I wanna tell you what happened from the beginning." I tell her she nods and I begin to talk. "Well we spent time together at Westerbork so i'll start at Auschwitz, I still remember how you held my arm as we had to leave each other, I still remember what I whispered into your ear as we were torn apart." I say, she smiles remembering. "The words replayed in my mind almost everyday." Anne says looking at me. "Mine too. After that our clothes were taken and we got our heads shaved, like you guys did. When we had our first selection father got picked, it was so hard not to break down when we saw the clothes of the people that were gassed. Not long after Fritz was selected for transport. The work was hard and food was little, I had to leave your father to go on one of the marches." I felt so bad saying that sentence. "I should have stayed with him like he asked me to but I was to scared of being killed." Anne took my hands, "Peter! None of this is your fault! Pim's ok i'm not mad at you!" She tells me and I give her a sigh of relief. "Well that's pretty much how it went for me, how about you."

"Well." Anne says looking at me. "After the separation our clothes were taken and our hair was cut off. We then had a selection which we all made it through luckily, and after that we had to work and work. Not long after there was another selection that Margot and I were chose to go to Bergen-Belsen. It was so scary being separated from my mother because I had never been very far from her. Being with Margot made it better though before she- before she- she..." Anne trailed of as her eyes filled with tears, and her breath got shaky. "Anne?" I question and reach out for her. "I'm sorry...I- I just can't..." She got up and ran out crying and I felt so helpless. America's came down a second later. "Are you and mommy fighting?" I walk over to her and pick her up. "No sweetie we  just got to a part of moms life she wasn't ready to talk about yet ok?" I asks and she nods. "Wanna go ask mom if she wants to go to the park?" I asked and she jumps up and nods. "Mommy! Mommy! Can we pleasssssseeeeee go to the park?" Americus yells. I laugh while standing up and following Americus out the door.