Peter's Liberation.

Peter's POV

I'm exhausted when I see soldiers I know we are being liberated so I shoot up along with other people. I was lucky I got on the first train and began the long ride back to Amsterdam knowing that there would be lots of stops. On the way back I asked about everyone in the annex. I found out what happened that the only one who was definitely alive was Mr. Frank. People said that Anne might be alive to. God I hope so she was one of the main reasons that I was staying alive. Come on train! I need to see her!

At the train station.

I get off the train and get checked out then get taken someplace to eat. I look for Otto and even though they said she looked in pretty bad shape when she left...Anne. After they weren't there I checked the times they arrived. We were the last people here. I looked at the sheet that people were being looked for on. I didn't find Anne on it perhaps she was already found. I found my name and looked at who had put it out. Meip, Mr.Frank , and...Anne. Anne! She was alive! "She's alive!!!!!!!!" I yelled jabbing through the crowds I had to get to the annex now.

TIME SKIP

I stood in front of the building that I stayed in with some of the best people for 2 years. I took a deep breath and walked in. "Hello?" said someone from behind a desk. "Hi, is Meip here?"  I asked quickly. "No, she is with someone...i'm sorry who are you?" She asked curiously. "My name is Peter Van Pels I was one of the 8 Meip hid during the war." Her mouth gaped open, "Peter?" "Yep that's me." I looked up the stairs, "Can I go up there?" I asked. "Of course," she said still a bit shocked. "Thank you," I said running up the stairs that led to the annex. 

I stood in front of the book shelve and put my hand on it taking a deep breath and opening it. Cool air rushed to me as it opened and I stepped in. No ones here yet so I decide to look around. I go to the Franks room the place is empty obviously the nasty Germans have taken everything! I walk into Anne's room and smile, her stars are still on the walls. I remember how important they were to her. I walk out and go up to my family's room. There's nothing there so I walk to my room. Nothings there to remind me of Anne then I remember."The chestnut tree!" I look out the window of the attic and smile thinking about mine and Anne's first kiss. Just as fast as I smiled I frowned and went back down to my room I sit at the bottom of the stairs looking down I can feel tears brimming my eyes. "Peter?" I hear someone whisper. I look up at the door way and see none other then "...Anne?"

I stand up walking over to the girl in the doorway she looks so different  her hair is so short now, and she looks so fragile. We both start crying as we hug each other. "Oh Anne I've missed you so much!" I say as I kiss her. After the kiss she smiles up at me. "I missed you to Peter." Anne says smiling though I can tell she's hurt inside. "Peter!" someone says from behind Anne I look behind her. "Meip, Mr.Frank!" I say giving them both a hug then going back to Anne and wrap my arm around her waist. That's when I realized that after only months of being away from her I never wanted to be far from her again. I tighten my grasp on her waist hoping she knows that until I die I will protect her and never let anything like this happen to her ever again. She looks up and smiles that beautiful smile and I know she knows.