Americus has a nightmare.

Anne POV

Me and Peter set Americus down in her bed and tuck her in. "Mommy, will you tell me a story?" She asked looking up at me I smiled I love when she calls me mommy. "Of course, love." I say and start my story. "Quack, quack, quack, went Mrs.Quackenbush." After I finished telling the story she was very sleepy but all smiles. We both tell her love you night and kiss her on the head. "Goodnight mommy goodnight daddy." Americus says and me and Peter smile up at each other. We walk downstairs happily. "Goodnight Anne." Peter says kissing me. "Goodnight Peter." I say smiling. I have to talk to Pim so I go to his room.

When I see my father I trow my arms around him he hugs back. "Why hello Anne, whats this for?" Pim ask and I smile up at him. "For letting us adopt such a perfect little girl. Good night Pim."  I say letting go of him. "Goodnight Anne." He says smiling and kisses my head. I go to my room and plop on my bed. The first day with Americus has been amazing. I grab Kitty and start writing all about it. I finish the night with reading a book. As soon as my head hits the pillow i'm out like a light.

I wake up to hearing Americus screaming. I get up and run up to the attic. Peter is holding Americus in his arms as she cries. I run over and sit on the bed. "MOMMY!" Americus cries reaching out for me. I take her from Peter and set her in my lap holding her tight. Peter rubs her back as she cries. "Sweetie what happened?" I asked worried. "I had a dream about my real mom." She says crying I feel so bad for her. "What happened in the dream?" I ask her. "Well it was more of a nightmare, but she was holding me when they took me away from her. She held me tight we were both screaming for each other but they took her away. They set me down, later the people in my bunk told me my mommy had been transported. To Bergen-Belsen." She said finally. I asked her mothers name and after she told me I was shocked. After a while she got to sleep and me and Peter talked in his room.

"Anne, are you ok?" He asked me I was crying. "No! She was in our bunks I saw her mother die!" I say Peter hold me tight not saying anything. "She died from Typhus, just like Margot." I say still crying he holds me tighter. "It's ok Anne there was nothing you could do!" Peter whispered in my ear. "I know but still! You know while she was dying she was talking about Americus." I say then add. "She was a sweet and beautiful women just like her daughter." I say, "I'm sure she was." Peter responds. "Now Anne you should get some sleep it's a big day tomorrow." Peter says smiling and kissing me. He was right my 16th birthday was tomorrow. I go back to my room and fall asleep.