A Shattered Mirror

A soft melody was heard coming from Violets room after Desian had spent the night from his rather long travels. It wasn’t a very intense but it was also a soft melody... it was rather elevating, like it was telling a story full of surprises and endless chaos, that was then balanced with a tune that sang a blissful harmony like a birds.

It was peaceful. For once, it was peaceful. For now, at least there wasn’t any issues with the couple.

Desian stepped closer, his heart racing upon hearing the harmony as it vibrates through the *Sequoioideae* (redwood) door. He held his breathe, without realising slowly, gently, delicately as he opened the ancient door that towered before him open.  It was a magnificent sight, seeing how Violet’s hair cascaded down her back like a black sheet covering up any imperfections or perfection. Her frame frail, engrossed with the gut wrenching sweetness of the piano piece, she smiled while her eyes were closed, not even realising who was there watching. He kept observing her perfectly framed image as if creating a whole new world with his eyes, memorising every detail; it was his duty to never forget who and what he was here for...
“ My love...” He whispered to himself unconsciously; he was busy admiring the somewhat unknown person before him.

The tune suddenly, came to a bitter halt.

“Good morning Desian.” She exclaimed cheerfully, with a smile engraved onto her porcelain complexion.

“G-good morning Vena.” He replied, feeling slightly flustered with surprise as he addressed her by her nickname. It was rather cute for a grown man...She looked up at him, her smile getting brighter when she hears her nickname being spoken.

Her innocence and yet not so innocent mind always surprised him. He cupped her cheeks in his hands, before planting a kiss on her lips and forehead to decrease the level of superstition he felt when around her.

“ You really are the sweetest Des. You didn’t have to make me breakfast.“ She replied after a few seconds of feeling like she was held in a trance. Scoffing, she chuckles her most adorable laugh he had the pleasure of hearing.

“ I know that Vena, but I felt like it since I was up early.” He smiles back at her little soft, childish, laugh.
“ you’re precious, thank you Des. I’ll freshen up and eat some breakfast ok?” She gives him a quick peck before she leaves the room, but is pleasantly surprised to feel her hand getting tugged at, they both fall into a deep kiss before he lets her go again, a huge grin was on his face which was destorting her perfect dream.

“ Don’t run away now, my love.” Teasingly, he says this to hear a chuckle from her; she chuckles just as he’d hoped but it seemed...like choking to him he didn't know why.

“ I love you, Des.” After chuckling she smiles again and takes her leave.

As she enters the restroom, she looks at the mirror.
“My god!" Screeching to herself as she’s looking at her reflection, she proceeds to clean herself up; to make herself more presentable-ish... She couldn't belive what she witnessed before her in that reflection.

Cracked pieces of glass scatters along the floor, sink and other bearings the mirror had around it... including Violet herself.