Chapter Three: More To Him

Start from the beginning

"Wait so she didn't do anything to you?" Squid says in disbelief.

"Yeah she didn't do anything, I told her what happen and that's it." I say walking through the tent.

"Well okay then." X-ray gives me a look as if I'm keeping something from them. "Let's go to the rec room then guys and let her have sometime alone."

I roll my eyes at him as all of the boys start to follow him out of the tent. The last person to pass me is Squid who just looks at me as he walks out. Boys, sometimes they can be so annoying and I have to spend a whole year with them. I walk back to my bed to start writing in my journal; I know that the boys won't be back until later because they still have to take their showers.

It's been about an hour since the boys have left, and now I'm drawing in my sketchbook. I turn my head as I hear the divider start to be zipped open; Squid walk through the dividing. He keeps the divider un-zipped, "Hey Lils."

I look at him with a friendly smile; I can definitely tell that he just got out of the shower. He has is orange jumpsuit unzipped halfway down with the arms tied around his waist and white t-shirt a bit damp. His hair is a darker brown now that his hair is wet and he has a white towel hanging from his neck. I watch as he sit on the foot of my bed, "Hey Squid, where's all of the other guys?"

"When I left them they were still waiting to take a shower, I done way earlier than them." He says trying to look at my sketchbook.

"Oh okay." There's a moment of silence between, until I'm about to speak up. "Thanks again for helping me with my hole today that was very nice of you."

He smiles at me, "Your welcome, but don't tell anyone that I did that for you."

"Don't worry I won't tell the guys your secret will be safe with me." I say jokingly.

"What are you drawing?" He grabs my sketch book before I can get a good grip on it.

"Nothing it's nothing." I say as he looks at my drawing of the sunset.

"That's actually really good." He says with a smile.

"Thanks." I go quiet as I start to hear the boys come closer to the tent.

"Well I'll let you get back to you drawing." He stands up and makes through the divider just in time before the boys arrive at the tent.

*** (Night Time) ***

Looking at the ceiling of the tent I try to fall asleep but there absolutely no use; I can't. How am I going to last a year in this camp, surrounded by all of these boys that are so rude to me. I close my eye to only see the incidents of the nights I got shot and the day my best friend lost her memory. My eyes open up immediately; I hate this.

Not to mention that it's hard to fall asleep with some of the boys snoozing. I'm glad that this tent has a divider that way it can somewhat drowned out the sound of the boys. Only I can hear something more than just snoozing, I'm pretty sure I can hear someone crying. I listen to the crying trying to decide whether I should go and investigate. Finally I decide that I should go see who it is; hopefully they don't get too mad.

Slowly I make my way to the divider trying to be as quiet as I can be. I unzip the divider making the least amount of noise not waking to alarm the person or wake anyone else up. Once I make it to the side of where the boys are I stand there just listening trying to decide where the crying is coming from. I move closer to the side that I hear it coming from; it's Squid. As I make it over by his bed I see that his face is buried into his pillow.

I whisper at the foot of his cot, "Squid?"

He eyes shoot towards me still covered with a few tears, "Lils what are you doing?"