Chapter Three: More To Him

Mr. Sir's grip tighten on my arm as he leads me down the dirt road to the wardens house; I try to jerk away from him but it's no use. Looking at the warden's house with her blue car parked outside, I hope that she isn't as bad as they say she is. Mr. Sir pushes me up onto the porch; he is really starting to piss me off. I spin around to face him, "You know you don't have to be so pushy!"

"Young, I want you to shut up and keep moving!" He yells in my face spitting a bit on my cheek.

I look at him in disgust wiping the spit from my cheek as I keep moving to the door and lightly knock. The least I upset her, the better mood she will be in. She opens the door to us with a smile, "Hello?"

"We go ourselves a little trouble maker here." Mr. Sir says annoyed.

"Come in." She says with an angry look on her face as she moves away from the door.

Once again he pushes me inside, the cool air is the only plus side to this punishment. Looking around her cabin she has a nice place much better than the tents. I guess it pays off to be the boss; all I do is stand there not knowing what to do. She turns to me, "What happened Lils?"

I look at her confused; how in the world does she know my nickname? Mr. Sir then speaks up before I can, "Well she was-"

She snaps at him, "I asked Lils not you!"

I try not to laugh to much as he shuts up real quick; I guess he doesn't have the loudest bark. She turns to me again as she sits with me on the couch. "Now Lils what happen?"

"Well I was in the mess hall and then I got my food to sit down at a table. Only then I realized that I wasn't hungry anymore, so I got out of my seat and started walking; I then felt a smack on my butt. I turned around to see a guy he got up and smarted off at me. I proceeded to then kick in a certain area and smashed his head into his tray."

She smiles at me with a sigh of relief, "Is that all?"

"Yeah?" I look at her confused.

"Well then I think you just need to go back to your tent." She stands up like everything is just fine.

"What?" Mr. Sir asks in an angry voice.

"What, do you have something to add on?" She asks annoyed by him speaking up.

"That's all she gets!" He screams at the top of his lungs.

She starts to move closer to him, and starts talking in a mean bitter slow voice. "Do know what it's like being surrounded by men that don't take you serious? If you don't show them that you don't put up with their shit they'll walk all over you. Isn't that right Lils?"

"But." He says interrupting me.

All the sudden I watch as she slaps and knees him; he immediately falls to the ground. "Stop talking when you're not supposed to. Isn't that right Lils?"

I nod yes at her, she then moves me toward to the door. "I think it would be best if you returned back to your tent now."

She doesn't have to tell me twice, I'm out of that house within seconds! I rush off the porch before she has a chance to bring me back in there. Walking slowly back to the tent I try to think about what in the world just happened in there. She took my side; I can't believe that she took my side! She even hit Mr. Sir; maybe she is as crazy as everyone says she is.

I walk into the tent to see all of the boys in there lying on their beds. They are all start asking me a ton of questions. "Guys one question at a time; I'm only one person."

"What did she do to you?" Magnet asks sitting back on his bed.

"Nothing, she didn't do anything to me." I say in a simple calm voice.