Jack and Alex always teased me about it so I made up countless lies about sleeping with chicks.

Zee was my first and I was shattered afterwards when she left me in the room alone without a word.

"Yeah it does ring a bell, but I don't want to talk about it."

I never got over that feeling because I never forget when, where, and how I lost my virginity, though I had so much to drink that night.

I hated Zee for leaving.

"EJ," Madison shook my thoughts away. She rubbed her hand on my shoulder.

"What is it?" I asked, angrily this time. I pushed her hand away from me.

"Zenia Blackman is Zee."

"WHAT?" The bottle of water dropped from my hand. My brain stopped. My heart stopped and the world froze.

"I'm not lying to you, EJ. I heard her telling her friend about y'all encounter at a Halloween party last November."

Oh God, no. Please. No. No! No! No!

Madison can't be lying. I never told her about the party and I didn't tell anyone about Zee.

The only way she'd know about this is if she heard it from Zee herself.

"EJ, as I said, I'm not lying to you. Zenia is Zee."

Zee for Zenia. Of course.

"And she was pregnant with your baby."

My head was spinning.

Zenia was pregnant?

"Zenia got pregnant?"

"Yes."

"Did you hear what happened to the baby?"

"She had an abortion."

My eyes flared and all I saw was red. I scanned the crowd for her again, but she was nowhere in sight.

"EJ, I'm so sorry. I know it wasn't my place to tell you, but it seemed like she had zero intention of telling you herself. I just want you know that I'll always be here for you, and I'll always have your back and be your friend."

I heaved a sigh and raked my fingers through my hair.

I walked passed Madison when I spotted Jasmine holding a crying Jevan in her arms.

"Hey, Jasmine."

"EJ. What's up?"

"Where's your sister?"

"I just saw her went around the back with Ashley. Is everything okay?"

I looked at Jevan crying in her arms. I took him from her arms and slowly rocked him in mines.

What would it have been like to have my own son?

He stopped crying a short moment after and fell asleep in my arms. I handed him back to her.

"Thank you, EJ."

I went to the back of the mansion and spotted Zenia and Ashley talking by the swimming pool.

"Zenia, can I talk to you?"

She froze.

"Right now!" I semi shouted.

__________________
Zenia's POV

"Go on," Ash said and gave me a small push towards EJ.

From a distance, his eyes looked dark and clouded, and I was afraid of looking into them.

"Hey." I was shaking.

Why is he angry?

"Is there something you're not telling me?" he asked, studying my face and not shifting his eyes from mines.

"I... No."

Why am I lying?

I looked into his eyes and they went darker and darker.

"Please tell me why the fuck you're lying to me, Zee?"

Zee? Did he just called me Zee? OMFG! He knows!

I wanted the ground to swallow me up at this very moment, or an alien abduction. Anything to get away from those murderous eyes in front of me.

"EJ, I need to tell you something." There was no sense in keeping it a secret now.

"You know what? I really don't want to hear anything from you right now. I already know the truth, and it's so fucked up that I had to hear it from Madison rather than the woman I've been falling for."

"EJ," I croaked, tears already in my eyes and a terrible pain on my chest.

I attempted to throw myself in his arms. Hugging me was his favorite thing to do.

But, instead, he moved away. He turned away and left me staring at his back, but not before saying, "I can't believe I was falling for a murderer."

______________
A/N

😢😡😧(mixed emotions here)

Please Don't Forget To Vote 😊
Just touch your screen and press that star on the bottom left 👈...
Your wishes just might come through.

****************