Chapter 4

The mechanical rodent laughed sarcastically, "You're asking us to fight a Giant Purple Thumb?"

"That would be my father, Rocket." Nebula snapped at the raccoon.

"I am Groot." The teenage Floral Colossus mocked in the same tone as Gamora.

"I'm not teaming up with the Midgardians, they're all stupid."

"I'm a Midgardian." Star-Lord snapped back at the blue Luphomoid.

"You're half Midgardian." Gamora responded sharply. The drunken group loudly bickered to one another.

"This is pointless." Tony shook his head as he turned to the star spangled man with a plan, "I know we don't see eye to eye, Rogers, but this is just stupid."

"We need all the help we can get, and you know that."

Tony shook his head and turned back to the arguing Guardians, "The twig stays out of it. He's a child, he'll stay back with Shuri and Parker."

"Right, no kids and no fighting with each other. Deals a deal, Stark." Rogers crossed his arms and stared at the arguing team. "Loki," He turned to the God of Mischief. "Make them stop."

The god sighed and walked towards the drunken group, "Gamora, can we actually talk now?"

"Oh look, it's Gamora's mysterious boyfriend." Rocket laughed drunkenly and slapped his knee.

"I am Groot." Groot smiled and looked at Quill's scowling face.

"Not funny, Groot." Peter narrowed his eyes at the teenager.

The Avengers simply raised an eyebrow, none of them fully understood the alien tree.

"This is serious. Thanos plans to take over all of the universe and make everyone his slaves." The whole group silenced at Loki's speech.

"Sounds like your good ol' pop." Rocket downed another shot of a dark blue liquor.

"I will skin you, rodent." Nebula hissed at the overly drunk Rocket.

Rocket jumped on the table and pointed a gun at her face, "I'm not a rodent." He growled.

"Shut up, trash panda." Peter snapped. Rocket froze and whispered towards Groot.

"Is that better?" He slurred.

"No, no, it's much worse." Peter giggled and drank more of his green liquor.

"These are the Guardians of the Galaxy?" Natasha crossed her arms and glared at the dysfunctional group.

"You bet we are." Rocket pointed at Natasha and leaned back while chugging a big glass of a Phylaakrian drink.

"This is ridiculous." Tony crossed his arms and stared at the dirty floor, shaking his head.

"I am Groot?" Groot looked around as he now noticed the long disappearance of one of the team mates.

"Does it matter? Drax is probably drunk, fighting, or both." Rocket muttered and continued to drink various toxic drinks.

"Loki," Thor approaches his younger brother. "You are not tricking us, are you? These beings are not suitable to fight against Thanos."

"He held an infinity stone," Loki's emerald eyes glanced at his brother. "In his bare hands, he held an infinity stone."

Thor stared at the Midgardian that was slurring the words of Singin' In The Rain by Jamie Cullum, while having Groot and Rocket laugh at him.

"He is powerful, arrogant, but very powerful. If Thanos is collecting the stones, then Quill is a threat. Thanos would want him dead as well as anyone as powerful as him. Thanos will hunt him down, and Quill will eventually die."

Thor stared at his brother then back at the group, "You're soft, Loki." Thor teased with his Labrador smile.

"Thor, this is serious." Loki hissed and crossed his arms.

"I will talk with the Midgardians while you talk to the Guardians." Thor glanced at the rowdy group before walking towards his Midgardian friends. 

Loki sighed and stared at the drunken group in front of him, "What have I gotten myself into?" He mumbled under his breath.

"Get your hands off of me," the human stumbled into the bar, his hands on two foreign drinks that swayed half-empty.

"About time, Drax!" Rocket laughed, "You missed Quill's horrible singing!"

"I do not miss anything, my hands are too fast." Drax slurred and stumbled his way over to his team.

"I am Groot."

"Groot's right, you're an idiot," Rocket chuckled.

"No, I am Drax, Drax the Destroyer!" Drax roared and chucked one of his drinks at the wall. The drink shattered and the liquor dripped to the ground.

"Yeah!" Rocket cheered, leaning back on his chair, and toppled over with a thud. His laughter rung out along with the laughter of his fellow drunken teammates.

"Loki," The blond man stomped towards the God of Mischief, "This better not be one of your tricks. This is a serious threat to everyone and leading us to these idiots isn't helping."

"Look who put on his big boy pants," Loki smirked at the captain, "You are merely a frozen Midgardian that thinks it's still a war of the world, but it is a war across all of the worlds and universes. You need more than just Midgardians to help you, you need all of the nine realms and beyond to help you." Loki pointed towards the drunken Guardians, "They know more than you do about this affair, so you are in no place to judge. You came to me for help, so you must be truly desperate to do so."

"We'll...we'll help." Rocket hiccuped as he faded in and out of consciousness. 

"And why would we help them, rodent?" Nebula hissed at the raccoon that was half unconscious and half ready to fight the bug that was crawling across the table.

"Because I don't have daddy issues AND," he stressed in the 'and' before slamming his furry fist on the bug, "I'm one of the things that actually want to live." He managed to speak without a single hiccup.

"You? Live? Last time I checked you were happy that the Galaxy was being destroyed!" Peter shouted with a slur.

"That was before I was a father, right, Groot?" Rocket turned to his least friend who was frowning at the dead bug on the table.

"I am Groot."

"No one cares about the dead bug, Groot."

"I happened to care about Jimmy."

"I am Groot."

"Stop siding with Drax, son! And you named the bug 'Jimmy'?" Rocket was rocking back and forth in his chair, way to drunk to realize that his drink was missing his mouth and was being poured on the floor.

"We don't have time for this." Tony mumbled as he walked towards the drunken group. He slammed his hands hard on the table making the drinks spill over with a chorus of booing from Rocket. "Are you in or not?" He snapped at the group.

There was a long silence.

"Yes." Mantis spoke for the first time all night, her eyes moved away from her interlocking hands with Tony and stared at him with tears running down her face. She was sobbing, horribly sobbing that led to everyone staring at the shocked Tony Stark. "We will help you."

~Chapter End~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment, vote, and share! Check out our other stories as well as our personal stories at hbbug3 and k_Borchert

Chapter by K