5.

“I need to talk to you.”

“Sasuke?” Naruto rolled his eyes in annoyance, grabbing his bowl of unfinished rice. “What do you want?”

“You know, you can at least act like you enjoy talking to me,” The man suggested.

Uzumaki frowned, taking a seat on the comfortable couch of his living room.

“You disgust me, Uchiha. You should thank God I even talk you at all,” He replied, changing the chanels on the TV, searching for something good to watch.

“Still as stubborn as I remember,” Sasuke chuckled. “Nevertheless, I wanted to thank you.”

Naruto spotted a good show. Kitchen Nightmares. He had seen a couple of videos on YouTube, watching Chef Ramsay was the best thing he could possibly do.

“For what?” He replied, eating his food.

“For allowing me to be in Menma's life.”

The Middle School teacher laughed, shaking his head.

“The last thing I want is for you to be in Menma's life, pal,” He admitted. “I hadn't even planned to ever let you know of his existence. That kid never gives up, though.”

“Reminds me of you.”

He moved uncomfortably, not enjoying how Sasuke was speaking to him, as if nothing had happened between them. As if Sasuke had never broken his heart.

“Whatever. What did you wanna talk to me about?” He questioned, finding a better position on the couch. “I'm sure you didn't bother to take the time to call me just to thank me.”

“You're right, Naruto,” The raven-haired agreed. “After having that small conversation with Menma, I told my manager I would stay. He opposed to that, however. He wasn't going to allow me to miss meetings and other important business. We had a discussion, and I finally convinced him,” He explained. “You know, I want to get to know Menma.”

Naruto stopped listening to the show, and brought all his attention to the man on the other side of the line. He hadn't expected Sasuke to give up some of his modeling days to attend his child.

> “He is my son, after all. And I really want to be close to him,” The onyx-eyed lad added. “So, my manager cut me off from all my money. I won't have any until I decide to go back to the U.S. And I don't have any place to stay.”

“What are you suggesting?” He asked, already suspecting his ex boyfriend's motives for calling him.

“Will you let me stay with you for a couple of months?”

“What?!” Naruto had confirmed his suspicions. Yet, he didn't actually believe Sasuke would go so far as to asking him to stay in his home. “Hell. No.” He responded. “There's no way in hell I'll ever allow you to come here.”

“Naruto, please-”

“No, Sasuke. After everything you've done, you have the nerve to ask me that? Did you think I'd act like suddenly I forgave you and it's fine between us?” Drops of sweat slid down his forehead, the blood flowing in his veins boiling with pure anger. “Forget it.”

Both of them fell silent for a few minutes. Naruto trying to cool off, and Sasuke processing all the harsh words coming from his ex.

“Dobe, I am aware of what I did,” He said. “I won't say it wasn't my fault, I won't try to make up an excuse,” Naruto bit his nails, his heartbeat increasing. “But please, I dont want to lose Menma. If I go now, my father won't allow me to come back. And I really don't want Menma to grow up without me.”

Sasuke sounded sincere and desperate. Naruto knew he wasn't lying, not after that speech. However, was he really worth trusting?

Of course, Naruto was probably never going to forgive him for abandoning him the way he did. For breaking his heart like that. But Sasuke didn't know about Menma, perhaps he would've stayed if he had known he had a child. Besides, Naruto wasn't heartless enough to take away Sasuke's opportunity to have his only son in his arms.

“Fine. I'll let you,” He gave up. “Just don't think everything is okay between us. I'll do this only for Menma, do you hear me?”

“Yes, whatever you say, hoss.”

-

“You'll sleep here, in the living room,” He pointed at the couch. “You can leave your clothes in my closet.”

Sasuke's eyes wandered around the apartment, enjoying the welcoming vibes the place gave.

“It's a pretty home you got here,” He complimented. He noticed a picture frame standing on a desk near the TV, without hesitation, he grabbed it and examined it.

It was a picture of Naruto and Menma smiling. By the looks of it, Menma was barely a one or two year-old.

“Hey! Don't mess around with my belongings, it's rude!” The blondie snatched the picture from his hand, placing it where it was before. “Come with me, let's put your stuff in my room.”

“Naruto, wait,” He stopped his ex by grabbing his wrist. “I just.. I really wanted to apologize for being here, and thank you for giving me a place to live.”

Uzumaki raised an eyebrow in interrogation. “Okay? It's alright, you don't have to apologize,” He shrugged.

Before Sasuke could reply, his phone went off. The name on the screen catched him by surprise, it was unexpected.

“Excuse me,” He said, walking a few steps away from Naruto. He answered the call.

> “Sakura, what do you want?”