Chapter 3

Dinner was like every other day we had it except Sirius has been avoiding like a plague since yesterday's incident.

He hasn't said one word or even looked at me and for some reason I found it irritating.

"Hey sis?" James calls me as I was walking up the stairs, I look over at him and cross my arms.

"yeah?"

"Did you and Sirius get into a fight or something? you've been avoiding each other" He points out, guess he wasn't as clueless as I thought he was.

"No, we didn't besides why do you care?" I question him, he shrugs it off and plops down on the couch.

I groan and stomp up stairs, only to see Sirius standing there with his hands in his pockets.

I roll my eyes and walks pass him but he grabs my arms, turning me around to face him.

"Sierra about what happened yesterday" He starts to say, scratching the back of his head like he was thinking of the right thing to say.

"It didn't mean anything and I'm sorry about it, please don't tell James" He continues, I feel like my inside were turning but I decided to ignore and place a hand on his shoulder.

"Look, what are you on about and it's not like we kissed right? So everything's cool" I tell him before walking away and heading to my room.

When I got there, Squak's cage was empty considering I sent him to deliver the letter I wrote to Leila and Dylan. My trunk was packed and ready to go.

Tomorrow was the day, new school and new people. I sigh at the thought.

all I hope is that live through this year and the next.

"Sierra?" A voice calls from behind, I look over and see Remus standing there with a paper bag in hand.

"What'cha doing here?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow.

"James invited us for dinner, Peter's downstairs as well" He answers with a smile, I nod my head and point at the paper bag.

"What's that?" I question, he hold it up and hands it to me.

I walk over to him and cautiously taking the bag.

"There's no rabid squirrel in here, right?" I ask him, trying to guess what was inside it.

He shakes his head and laughs.

"Nope, it's a book which I'm sure you'll love" He says, I smile at him.

"Thank you! Thank you!" I tell him, hugging him in the process.

"Your welcome" He says softly as I pull away, only to see Sirius standing behind me.

"Sirius!" I exclaim causing Remus to look back.

"I was just calling you two for dinner" He tells us, raising an eyebrow at his friend.

"What?" Remus asks him, confused on why he was giving him that look.

"Is this something that James should know about?" Sirius asks, Remus shakes his head immediately.

"No, I was just giving her a book" He tells his bestfriend but Sirius looked like he wasn't buying any of it.

"He was just giving me a book, okay? drop it" I intervene, throwing the paper bag on my bed and dragging Sirius downstairs with Remus following behind us.

Once we reached the kitchen, I let go of Sirius with a glare and go sit beside James.

"Something wrong?" He asks, looking over at me.

"Nope" I mumble; he nods his head and listens in to Peter's story about something that has to do with a rat.

Sirius was looking over at me, I stick my tongue out at him before grabbing some food.

"Sierra manners" my mom says, once she sits down on the table with dad following behind her.

"What? I'm just eating here" I tell them with my hands raised in defence.

My mother rolls her eyes and listens in on my brother's tale about his adventures in school minus his detentions and trip to Dumbledore's office.

Once dinner ended I bid the boys goodnight and immediately headed to my room.

minutes later I was drifting off to sleep.

Read. Vote. Comment ❤️
I'd love to hear from you guys!
Do you feel any tension? comment your thoughts!