Preface

"James, you have to understand" I tell him as I gripped his hand, tears escaping my eyes.

This was our reality now and we have to accept it whether we like it or not.

"My sister isn't going to turn her back on her, no matter what that stupid prophecy says" He insists, pointing his free hand towards Professor Dumbledore.

I closed my eyes; wanting to believe everything he was saying but I didn't want to give myself false hope. I didn't want to hurt myself anymore. This is the truth, the truth where one day I'll walk a different path from my brother. A path where the light doesn't shine as bright as it does on the path I've grown use to walking.

"James, please" I beg, desperation clear in my tone. His eyes meet mine and I could see that he was as desperate as I was. Desperate to find a way to save me from my faith.

"I'm not losing you S, I can't" He tells me, tears flowing down his face.

I was stunned. James never cries and watching as he did now; I'm left speechless.

I didn't want to lose him, any of them but I'm not given a choice. This was it. There's no ultimatum, there was nothing and I hated that fact. I hated that I can't do anything while my brother cries infront of me, asking me to do something. I hated that can't form the right words to say, maybe because there isn't any right words to say but I wish that there was.

"I'll find a way, I'm going to fix this because you're my twin Sierra and I'm helpless without you" He says with a determined look like his words were the only thing he was clinging on to stay sane.

"Sierra!" I jolt awake, sweat prickled my forehead. Looking around, I let out a sigh of relief. I was still in my room and it was all a dream.

A dream that seemed so vivid like it was actually happening, like I was actually there.

"Sierra! Breakfast's is ready! Get down here before your brother wolfs down everything!" My mother's voice boomed from where I presume, the bottom of the stairs causing me to put my thoughts on hold for the time being.