VII - Hug Wars & The Chamber of Secrets

-
-
-

It's a bright Wednesday morning and surprisingly, I found myself getting up earlier than my usual routine. I woke up an hour before my usual alarm. I was dressed up an hour earlier and I got nothing else to do. I sat back on the couch and decided to past time while watching CN channel.

A click from the door snapped me out from the tv screen. Cammie the goddess appeared wearing a large white shirt and a very short shorts that I almost can't see. Still, she's looking fabulous.

How can somebody wake up like that? Isn't that a sin?

Her eyes widened when it fell on my direction.

"What's happening?" The blonde asked.

My eyebrows creased in confusion. "Uhm... I'm watching Oggy & the cockroaches?"

She walked towards me and I noticed the shirt she's wearing. That's mine.

"Why are you up so early? Are you sick?" She asked with a mocking tone in her voice.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "I'm not. I just felt like waking up early. That's all."

"That's new."

I shrugged at her reply as she head towards the kitchen. Then, I heard her spoke.

"Have you eaten?" She asked from the other side.

"Yeah."

She peeked through the kitchen doorway. "What did you eat?"

I glanced at her. "Cereal."

She paused to think before she spoke once again. "Want some overnight oats?"

Oats doesn't sound so bad. I'm still hungry though.

"Sure. Thanks."

She nodded. "Alright. Give me a couple of minutes."

She disappeared before I could answer. My eyes went back to the screen and it easily captured my undivided attention once more. I'm such a kid at heart, I know for years now.

I suddenly wonder how cool is it to have a blue and green cat. That would be awesome.

"Bananas or apples?" A voice asked from the other side of the wall.

"Both." I answered simply.

She appeared back to the living room holding a tray of two mason jars, two cups, and a saucer of bread slices.

"I don't know if you already had your coffee but, I still brought a cup for you." She sat beside me as I eyed the tray.

"Where in heavens did you get this?" I asked lifting the mason jar. "This looks delicious. My tummy suddenly forgets I already ate cornflakes."

The blonde took a sip of her coffee and sighed looking more relaxed. "I bought the mason jars yesterday." She lifted the mason jar as well and continued. "And this is overnight oats with milk and fruit slices. You can add syrup if you want. I prepared this last night when you're busy cursing your laptop."

I was humming impressed about the breakfast she made until she mentioned my crappy layouts last night. I groaned remembering what lies ahead of my day. "Downer will kill me if I fail to pass that later before lunch." I sighed heavily. "But, enough about my work, how about you? How's life treating you?"

"Pretty well. Stagnant maybe. Nothing has change. The clinic is all the same and my business is still going fortunately good." She replied and took a spoonful of oats.

I nodded and took a sip of my coffee.

"By the way, Mia is asking for you yesterday and the other day." She paused. "And the other days as well."