when you're lost in the universe, don't lose faith

Gemini's POV
I slow my breathing.
"Gemini Duality, you are hear-by sentenced to the death penalty of prosecution for breaking out of the Kings Quarters, along with giving no other information on the whereabouts on the 10 other criminals." the man spoke, authority in his voice.
I was going to die.
and he was going to die with me.
"Sagittarius Jupiter, you are hear-by sentenced to the death penalty of prosecution for breaking out of the Kings Quarters,  assaulting multiple guards, calling your royal highness a "lowlife" and "pathetic attempt at a good human being", forcing yourself out of your restraints to then assault the royal military guard, trying to escape on multiple occasions, protecting the other criminals, and giving no other information on their whereabouts."
Sagittarius looked over at me, smiling a bit as a tear slipped from his eye.
the guards pulled him back to where the man was standing.
I turned my head back too.
I, Gemini Duality, the class president in 10th grade, the student everyone was friends with, the "popular girl", the student who almost committed suicide in 12th grade, the student who felt as though they were nothing, am getting killed today.
"Gemini Duality, you're up first."
I gasp, tears already forming in the corners of my eyes.
the guards strap me up in the chair, pulling my hair away from the electrical cords.
I close my eyes.

This isn't real.

I open my eyes to see Sagittarius looking up at me, his face filled with tears.

I start to sob, mouthing the words, "I love you" to him. I never knew how much he would mean to me.

"We're being nice, so, any last requests?"

"I can say goodbye to him."

Sagittarius walks up to me, tears still staining his eyes.

"we got caught. they didn't. we broke away from them. they stuck with each-other. It's our own fault, not theirs." he says, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"remember what I said to you."

I choked.

"when..you're lost in the universe..don't..d-don't lose faith..."

I love him.

he leaned in and gave me a last, tender kiss. his own tear slipped onto my cheek.

Then the guards pulled him back.

"1 volt..."

the electricity ran through my veins.

"2 volts..."

it hurts.

"3 volts..."

don't lose faith.

"4 volts..."

I think of my whole life.
what I accomplished.
what I did wrong.
what I should've done.
how many people I've done wrong.
my existence.

"5 volts..."

"don't...f-f-forget about m-m-m-me..."

"6 volts...."

I start to shake violently.

"7 volts..."

what's the point?

"8 volts.... goodbye...."

I stop breathing.