I rolled my eyes. "You disobeyed me."

"Mom! I had to tell-"

"You didn't have to do anything! You should've stayed in a child's place and let ME handle the situation."

She sighed. "I'm sorry."

"I'm not accepting your apology right now. Please exit."

"But ma-"

I pointed to the door and she left just as I asked her too. Three minutes later there was knocking again.

"What did I say Miracle."

"I don't know because I ain't Miracle." Nick entered my room with a McDonald's bag and pain killers. "Hey sis how you feeling?"

"Like I've been hit by a truck."

"That's exactly why I brought you these." He handed me the Advil and I popped two pills in my mouth and washed them down with water.

He sat on the edge of my bed and I opened the McDonald's bag and started to eat the hot fries.

"What you been doing today?" I asked licking my fingers.

"Uh." He rubbed the back of his head. "Me and King been handling business."

I slowly nodded then heard King's voice. "Nick!"

Nick got up from the bed and I did as well. I leaned against the railing at the top of the steps and looked down at King.

He noticed and looked up me. He motioned for me to come down and I slowly went down the steps.

"Can I help you?"

"Not with that attitude." King said.

I rolled my eyes to the left and folded my arms. "If you're here to apologize-"

"Apologize!?  For something that you did?" King chuckled. "You funny."

"Apologize for the way you reacted."

"How did you want to react Mo! Huh? Did you want me to tell you it's okay and I'll help take care of a baby that's not mine! If anything you should apologize to me!"

I shook my head. "You've yet to realize that I did the same for you. But that's okay, I'm not apologizing for shit. I know what I did was wrong! At least I can see my mistakes! Something that you've failed to to. I did what I did and honestly I'm not sorry. And if you think I'm about to get on my knees begging you to stay and forgive me I'm not." I told him straight up. "I'm done chasing after you."

King smacked his lips. "Nick let's go."

"What about-" Nick said but got cut off by King.

"LETS GO!"

"Stop ordering me around like I'm your damn dog." Nick said walking out the door behind King.

I slammed it shut and locked it in the process. When I turned around I saw Miracle standing on the stairs.

"Still don't forgive me?"

"Goodnight."
*

*

*

Monica

"The next person who throws a paper ball will get a two day suspension!" I turned towards my class and fussed. They were full of energy to say it's Monday. 

The bell sounded and they all stampeded out of the door.

I went to sit at my desk and felt like crying and screaming.

"Hold on let me check on my mom." Miracle told her friends and entered my class.

"Ma you okay? You want a sprite from the vending machine?"

"No. I'll be okay."

"You coming Miracle?" Her friends stood in the doorway looking at her.

Miracle kissed my cheek then went with them to lunch.

While sitting at my desk I felt those sharp pains from earlier this week return. I picked up my phone and dialed a number. The phone rang a couple seconds before they picked up.

"Dr. Jax? I need to schedule an appointment."

King

Nick and I sat in the car across from the Chicago police department watching.

"Is that him?" Nick said every time a cop came out the door.

"I don't know Nick damn." I said watching  the door.

A loud tap on our window caused us both to jump. It was a crackhead.

"Man what!" I yelled and cracked my window a little.

"Hey King. I heard you was back. You got something." The lady blew her breath in my face.

"If you don't get yo' ass away from my car!" I fussed through clenched teeth. She act like we weren't sitting right across the house of police.

"Who y'all looking for." The lady with three teeth in her mouth said noticing Nick and I staring at the door.

"Nobody." I said.

"Carter. You know him?" Nick said and I sighed.

"Officer Mack? Yea I know him." Our heads turned and we have her our full attention.

"You know what he look like?" I questioned.

She pointed. "He's coming this way." We turned seeing a cop heading towards our car.

"Shit."