Dirty Laundry

Monica

"Principle Jones I understand. I do." I walked my living room floor with the phone pressed against my ear. "If you could just let me take another week off that would be great." I tried to convince. I was honestly not ready to step foot back inside that classroom and deal with those kids.

"Monica you have missed so many days...." he said on the other end. I sighed then took the phone from my ear seeing someone else was calling on the other line.

"Mhm. Yea yea yea. I get it okay? I'll give you a call back later." I quickly ended the call with him and switched over to the other line. "Hello?"

"Hey mom. It's Miracle. Can you please come pick me up from school. Dad said he would be here but he's not."

I looked at the clock and noticed it was a quarter after three. Usually King would've been picked her up by now. Maybe something has his hands tied up.

"I'm on my way." I hung up grabbing my purse and keys. I got inside my vehicle and slowly reversed down the driveway stopping once I got to the mailbox. It was full considering it hasnt been checked in a week or so.

"Bills...bills...coupons... checks..." I sighed flipping through all the junk mail and bills. I stopped when I came to a letter sent from the prison Morg was in.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Morgan has never sent me a letter before so this was quite unusual. I stuck the letter in my purse and pulled onto the road heading towards Miracle's school.

On the way there I phoned King to see  why he didn't pick Miracle up. The phone rung a couple times before it reached his voicemail box. I didn't bother calling Nick. He never answers.

Ten minutes later I came to a stop in front of Miracle's school. She was sitting on the steps with a boy.

I blew my horn grabbing their attention. They stood up hugging then Miracle came to the truck opening the passenger door.

"Hey ma." She hopped inside and closed the door.

"Hey. Who was that?" I swerved out the parking lot.

"Who?" She placed her backpack in the back seat.

"Don't act like you don't know. That lil' boy."

She laughed. "That was CJ."

"Mmm." I said not wanting to get all in her business.

I made a left turn at the light going back the way I came.

"You're not mad at me anymore I see." Miracle elbowed me smiling.

I cut my eyes at her then placed them back on the busy road. "I guess you can say that. Next time I tell you not to say anything you don't say anything. That was something I needed to handle."

"I got it."

I reached for my phone and tried to call King again. Reaching the voicemail again I began to get worried.

"What the hell is he doing."

King

My phone vibrated in my back pocket as I stood there still locked in place. The person still had the gun deep in my skull. I was in a position to where I couldn't reach for my weapon.

In my head I'm just praying Nick's dumbass saves me.

"Man his bread kind of stale." Nick came into view with a sandwich in his hands. He looked up and instantly dropped the sandwich and drew for his gun.

"Don't you dare." The person took the gun from my head and aimed it at Nick.

Nick didn't listen he still whipped it out and pointed it at the person that was holding me back.