Little Do You Know

Start from the beginning

"We got that smoke too." Nick informed.

"Haven't seen you around here befo'. You gotta name?" A youngster asked mugging me.

"King."

"King? Sounds familiar. You the nigga that put Draco down huh?"

"That's right." I grinned.

"You a real one." He dapped me up then turned his attention to Nick. "Who ya friend?"

"That's Mike. We both use to run this same block here."

"Hope y'all not tryna steal business."

"Nah yall can have it. Just wanted to know if you fellas know Carter."

They all looked around at each other and a older male spoke up. "Yea I know him." He said leaning against the wall lighting a cigarette.

"You do? You know where he lay his head?"

He exhaled. "Somewhere uptown."

"You know anything else?" I questioned.

He side eyed me. "I ain't no snitch."

"And I'm not asking you to be one. He been messing with my lady and I don't appreciate that."

"Your lady?" He raised an eyebrow and everybody looked at each other and began laughing like I said a damn joke.

"Did I miss something?" I questioned.

"Nah. Joseline is just well known for sleeping around town." The man said.

"Who?" Me and Nick said in unison. "Maybe we talking about two different people."

"Maybe so." The man shrugged.

"Preciate it though." I got back inside the vehicle and Nick instantly took off the shades.

"That didn't help at all."

"Not one bit." I told him starting up the car and pulling off. The information the guys on the block were telling us didn't make any sense.

"Aye. You know who knows everybody and everything?"

"Who." I questioned stopping at the light.

"LJ."

"Who the hell is that? You think I remember names after all these years."

"LJ, the man that killed dad."

I sat back in the drivers seat thinking about who he was talking about and it finally hit me.

Without thinking twice I headed over to the dirty south and searched for LJ's old place.

"That's it on the left." Nick pointed out and sure enough it was his old house. It looked to be abandoned but I was still gonna take my chances.

"Stay in the car." I ordered Nick and got out walking over to the door. I knocked a couple times and heard no movement from instead.

"Kick that bitch down!" Nick yelled out the widow.

"Hush fool." I knocked on the door again but still no one came to answer. Just as I was about to walk away I heard a loud creak and the door opened.

"What." A man questioned only showing half of his face.

"I'm looking for LJ. Is he here?"

"Who's asking?"

"King."

"Sorry. LJ died awhile ago."

"Damn. That's too bad."

"I'm his cousin though."

"Well that's good enough. You happened to know ol dude named Carter."

The man looked around. "You a cop?"

"Nah." I held up my hands and patted myself down. "Do you know him or not?"

He opened the door wider revealing his entire face. "Yea. I might know a couple things."

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR THESE NEXT CHAPTERS!

It's about to get real!!!

By the way if you don't remember LJ it's okay, he's not gonna be mentioned anymore.