Spilling The Beans

Start from the beginning

"Monica."

Her smile faded. "Oh." She took a sip of her water and put the glass back down. "So she's still in the picture huh?"

"She's been in the picture for years ma. She forever will. She's been raising my child and everything."

Mama sighed and held her hands up. "Hey, if that's what you want then go ahead son. I'm too old to be inter fearing with your business."

I grinned a little bit. This woman finally had a change of heart and I was digging it. We chatted for a good hour and thirty minutes. I got to know my nephew a little better and even got closer with my mom.

Now I was ready to get home to my lady.

Since we haven't seen Jr in awhile he came home with us to spend a couple days.

As soon as we walked inside the house we saw Miracle on the couch with a lot of snacks.

"Yea baby." I heard her giggle and say.

"Baby!?" I said walking over to the couch and snatching her phone. "Who the hell is this?" I asked but the person on the other end hung up.

"DAD! That's so embarrassing!"

"I don't give a damn. No boyfriend until you're twenty-one."

She smacked her lips then her eyes went to Jr. "Who's this."

"My son. Can't you tell." Nick put his arm on Jr's shoulder.

"Your cousin as well. Y'all the same age."I commented.

"Great, hi. Now can I have my phone back." She did a quick wave at Jr.

"Nope. Spend some time with him. Get to know him better. Do all that cousin stuff."

Miracle groaned and plumped on the couch.

I chuckled. "Where's ya mama?"

"Dead."

I smacked my lips. "You know what I meant. Where's Mo."

"Upstairs."

I jogged up the steps and heard Monica inside the shower singing loudly.

I smirked finding this the perfect opportunity to hop in there with her. I pulled my clothes off and opened the shower door and Mo instantly closed it. I tired to open it again but she closed it.

"No King."

"Come on Mo it's be awhile."

"And it's gonna be even longer." She said with her back pressed against the foggy glass door like she was hiding something.

I smacked my lips. "Ight." I grabbed a towel and went to the other bathroom down the hall. She's acting distant and I'm going to find out why.
*

*

*

Seeing the sun through the blinds I eased out of the bed with Monica and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and start my day.

Nick told me to wait before proposing to Mo but he didn't tell me I couldn't buy the ring.

After taking care of my hygiene I when down the hallway and into Miracle's junky bedroom that had clothes and makeup everywhere.

"Baby girl."

"Hmm." She mumbled into her pillow.

"Go ahead and get dressed."

"Yes sir." She rose up.

I went to the guest room and woke up Jr then I went to other guest room to wake up Nick.

"Aye bro. Get up." The cover was on the floor as well as him. "Nick."

"What man."

"Wake up. We got stuff to do."

He smacked his lips getting off the ground. "I should've stayed dead. Always waking me up."

I chuckled shaking my head. I went downstairs and attempted to prepare Monica breakfast in bed but that didn't quite work out. The toast burned and the sausages.

"King! What's that smell!" Mo yelled from upstairs.

"Nothing baby." I yelled back and made her a bowl of frosty flakes with strawberries on the side.

I took it upstairs and brought it to her in bed.

"Awww." She looked at it with her eyes watering.

"Emotional ass."

She sniffed. "Even though it's just cereal and fruit I love it."

I smiled and kissed her face and began to get dressed.

"Let me get dressed to." She said putting the bowl down and getting out of bed.

"Nah. You not going anywhere. Enjoy the rest of your weekend in bed." I lead her back the bed.

"But-"

I pecked her lips. "But nothing. Lay down and get ya beauty rest."

She followed my orders and laid down scrolling on her phone.

After getting fully dressed I went down the stairs to see them dressed and ready on the couch.

"Alright my crew lets roll."

Monica

I looked out the window watching as King drove away with the kids and Nick inside.

This was the perfect opportunity for me to tell Carter whats up.

I picked up my phone and dialed his number. He answered with a groggy "Hello" meaning I'd woken him up.

"Hey." I bit down on my freshly manicured nail leaning against the window sill nervously. "You busy?"

"Nah wassup beautiful."

"I need to talk to you."

"Alright I'll come over."

"No no. That won't be necessary."

"Why not?"

I sighed. "I just don't want any company over. I can meet you somewhere. IHOP on third street?"

"Got it." He hung up and I began to get dressed in something casual.

Before leaving the house I made sure to slip my brass knuckles in my purse in case he tried some shit.

I took a deep breaths before pulling out the driveway. "Here goes nothing."

King

"You breath too loud!" Miracle complained talking to Jr.

"You talk to much." Jr. spat back at her.

I looked in the mirror at the two at them. "Aww look at you guys bonding. That's that cousin love." I teased them.

Miracle rolled her eyes and leaned against the window.

I laughed and finally pulled up at our destination.

"Kay's Jewelry?" Nick said looking at the sign then back at me.

"Yes sir." I found a parking spot and we all exited the car.

"Awe. What you gonna get? A new necklace for mom? Bracelet? Earrings?" Miracle questioned as we walked towards the door.

"A ring."

"A ring? As in engagement?"

"Yup." I popped the P and turned around to see that Miracle had stopped walking. She stood there looking down nervously. "What's the matter?"

She sighed. "There's something you should know."