Chapter 28: What The Actual?

Start from the beginning

“No!” She squealed, as I moved my hands to start tickling her.

God, I am so happy she forgave me.

Nina’s POV

A few hours after Dylan apologized, I was still thinking about it. How cute he looked with a tray of cupcakes in his hands, how sincerely sorry he sounded, how much I just wanted to jump into his arms and say I forgive him as soon as he opened the door with the cupcakes in his hands.

The cupcakes even tasted amazing which was a definite bonus…  I wish I could have seen what he looked like when he was actually baking the delicious things, with Mary’s help of course. When we’re older, he can definitely help out when I have to bake for events and such.

Dylan was currently with his friends doing God knows what, and I was on the balcony on top of my secret room, painting the night sky. The stars were shining brightly, the trees looked black but they swayed silently in the wind, and the lamp I had up here illuminated the balcony nicely.

I decided to paint a silver wolf hiding itself in the trees; the only thing you can see is its head before the rest of its body disappeared into the dark sky. I had no idea why I had the sudden urge to paint a wolf in the dark night; I didn’t even know what it represented…

The hours kept passing as I continued to stroke the brush lightly over the canvas, the funeral inching closer every minute that passed. I was dreading the morning, but I knew it was going to come eventually; it had to.

I just didn’t want to dress up all in black, and watch as they lowered her body into the cold ground, sealing her fate. I knew she was okay with dying, but I wasn’t, and I knew Dylan wasn’t going either. It was going to be tough, basically.

And I all wanted to do was slow down time…

***

(Play Song On Side. Xo)

I knew the funeral was going to be horrible; it was so hard sitting in the funeral home, watching as everyone went up to Dylan, Janie, Joe and Selena, and hugged them letting them know how sorry they were. I couldn’t bring myself to go up to Elizabeth’s body yet, I immediately sat down in one of the first rows, keeping my eyes on Dylan. Amber and Ryder were sitting next to me, our parents in the row behind us. All our friends showed up to support him; they were in the back few rows and Dylan’s friends were in the row we were in.

The whole room was swarmed with people dressed in black and it looked dreary, even if there were tons of bouquets of flowers and hundreds of pictures of Elizabeth’s life lining the room. I was in a ton of them, but I couldn’t even bring myself to look at those either.

Not much happened in the next hour, just a continuous line of people flowing through the doors every minute. As the wave of people calmed down, I stood up quietly and made my way to Elizabeth. Dylan, Joe, Janie, and Selena were saying goodbye to some of the people that showed up so I knew that that was my only chance to sneak up there and not feel like I am being watched.

I knelt down beside her casket and started talking to her still body. “Hey Elizabeth. Well I must say, you look absolutely gorgeous,” I smiled slightly through the tears that were starting to stream down my cheeks. “I already miss you and it hasn’t even been that long. I just wanted to tell you, I will look after Dylan, Joe, and Janie just like I promised. I will never let him go, not again… I promise. I promise. I promise. I love you and stay safe up there,” I stood up and gave a small kiss on her cheek, before turning around to bump into someone.

Strong arms wrapped around me and from the heat spreading throughout my body, I could tell it was Dylan. I interlocked my hands around his neck and pulled him closer to me, if that was even possible. I was silently praying he didn’t hear my last words to Elizabeth, but he didn’t say anything so I was assuming I was safe.