Chapter 30 (Babe...?)

(Y/n's pov)

"Oh, so that's why you were late to school?" Mike asks.

I nod and hold my books close to my chest. "I'm so stupid for thinking that they changed," I scoff.

It's the next day, the start of October. Mike and I were sitting on the stairwell in school, hanging out before the late bell gets to ring.

"I believed it too, babe," He says, not realizing the name. I smirk softly at it, but don't acknowledge it.

"And when I got home I went to my father's office to snoop around since no one was home. I found a hat and my mom walked in on me. She told me that the owner of the hat was my dad's best friend when he was our age. He went missing. Do you think it could be It?" I ask, pretending I didn't look for the hat intentionally.   

Mike leans back on the wall and tilts his head at me. "It's in the right time frame and it happened in Derry, right?"

I nod at him and set my books down on the step beside me. "Probably then," Mike responds and leans forward.

"Do you think It's going to come back?" I say quietly, slowly scooting closer to him.

"No, but if It does, we are all going to come back and end It for good," Mike says back at the same volume as me. He gets closer to me also, so that our noses are inches apart.

I stare at him for a moment and realize something. I love this fucking boy. I know it's kinda of a random tine to think of this, but I just feel so comfortable around him. I would never think would ever feel like this about another person last school year.

I really hope I caught him off guard by kissing him. I close my eyes tight and put all my feelings into that kiss. I might be too much of a pussy to tell him with words, but maybe I can express something with this.

Of course he kisses back, resting his hands on my hips.

"Oh my God," I hear a voice come from the bottom of the steps. We quickly pull away from each and look down to see Greta Keen staring at us with her mouth open, but turns into a wide grin.

"Wait till the whole school hears about this shit," she says and laughs, going for the door.

I quickly stand up and try to find something to stop her. Mike gives me an urgent look.

"You wouldn't want the whole town thinking your dad is a pervert and tried to rape me, would you?" I say which makes her stop and turn towards me with a nervous look. Okay, the second part isn't true, but she doesn't know that.

"You wouldn't." Greta crosses her arms over her chest and furrows her eyebrows.

"Our lips are sealed if yours are," Mike says and leans back on the steps.

Greta rolls her eyed and puts her arms to her side, balling her fists. "Fine, but if I get pissed at you or your friends I'm spilling."

"Deal," I say and let out a breath of air and sit back down once she leaves out the double doors.

"Maybe we should just let her tell everyone. We're going to do it eventually," Mike says, looking at me.

I shake my head. "I want to tell everyone, but that's not really how I want to do it."

Mike nods, agreeing and I look to him. "Can you sneak out? We can talk about it tonight," I suggest, making him smile softly.

"Yeah, I'll be there." The late bell rings and we hurriedly get up, grabbing our stuff.

"See ya, babe," I say and start to climb the stairs. I look back down at him when I don't get a 'goodbye' back.  He's just staring up at me, not moving.

"What's wrong?" I ask and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Nothing," Mike replies, a smile growing on his face. "See ya, (Y/n)," he says softly before walking down the steps and out the double doors.

I watch him leave with a grin on my face before hurriedly ascending up the stairs to my next class that I'm already late for.