Chapter 28 (Stupid Boy)

(Y/n's pov)

It's the next day and it's raining out, but my friends and I are out on our bikes.

"Maybe we should go home. We'll get a cold," Eddie suggests and hugs himself. We were hiding under the canape of Jerry's deli shop.

I smirk softly to myself and shake my head at him as I stare at the rain. I just wanted to run out into it and have the time of my life, but it can wait.

"D-don't be a pussy," Bill stutters which makes me chuckle. Richie wraps his arm around Eddie's shoulders staring at the rain also.

I look at them and I'm about to make a snarky comment, but I catch Mike's eye....and Stanley's. Stan quickly averts his eyes, but Mike is still staring at me. I smile slightly at him and he does so back.

Bill is staring at Eddie and Richie, seeming to process something.  Everyone seems to have something on their mind and I guess I do too.

I've been thinking of my friends' and boyfriend's mental health. Especially Richie. I think my father is keeping secrets from my mom and I. Not to mention Greta is always up my ass.

I drop my bike onto the sidewalk and walk onto the street. I run my hands over my hair and look up as the rain pours over me.

"She's fucking insane," Richie says, but I don't pay attention to them. Bill drops his bike and joins me.

I look at him with a huge grin before Mike joins us. I kick a puddle as Bill and Mike laugh.

Stanley and Richie then run into the rain, kicking puddles and laughing. "Fuck it! This feels great!" Richie yells up to the sky.

I look to Eddie who is watching us, curled up in his jacket. I slowly reach out my hand towards him. "Come on. It's worth it," I yell over the rain.

Eddie stares at me for a moment before looking to our friends and then back at me. He slowly took off his jacket and grabbed my hand as slowly as possible. I pulled him into the rain, making him yelp.

"Be gentle," Eddie grumbles and looks up at the rain, squinting.

"Just relax. It feels good," I say. "You sound like a fucking hippie," Eddie retorts, making me roll my eyes.

I feel arms wrap around me from behind. I immediately think it's Mike, but the arms are skinnier than his and I know he wouldn't do that around our friends yet.

I slowly turn around to be meant by Stanley's face. I give him a nervous smile which he returns with a genuine one.

I let out a huge sigh of relief when Richie jumps onto his Stan's back, screaming, "FUCK ON YOUR BITCH!"

I start to laugh at the scene, but I'm still slightly shocked from what just happened. I hug my friends and all, but not like that. What the actually fuck is he trying to do.

I look around to see if anyone might of saw. Bill and Eddie seem to be occupied with Richie attacking Stan, but Mike is staring directly at me.

I try to read his face, but it's kinda hard to tell what someone is thinking just with a facial expression.

Mike turns to the guys as they are settling down. "It's 5, guys. I should head home," he says and they say their goodbyes. He doesn't say a word to me.

"Uh...." I watch him go to his bike before turning back to the boys. "I have to leave too! Bye guys!" I yell. I don't wait for their goodbyes and instead I run to my bike as Mike is pedaling off.

I quickly get on my bike and pedal hard after him. "Mike! Wait up!" I yell.

"Your house is in the other direction!" Mike yells back over the rain as I get next to him. "Why didn't you say goodbye to me?" I ask and slowly stop my bike as he does.

"Why did Stan hug you like that?" Mike asks, still on his bike, but he's not riding it. I slowly get off of mine and set it down next to me.

"I have no fucking idea. I had no control over it," I say which makes him rethink some shit over.

I smirk softly at him and move the wet hairs from my face before crossing my arms over my chest. "You're jealous."

Mike avoids eye contact with me and slowly gets off of his bike, but holds it up. "What if I am?" he asks.

I slowly walk towards him, the rain slowly getting lighter. "I wouldn't mind that much. Just don't get upset with me," I say and he finally looks at me.

"Fine. It's just gets out of hand when there's five guys and one girl," Mike says and I nod, agreeing.

"When should we tell them then?" I ask and uncross my arms. Mike bites the inside of his lips and stares at me for a moment. "I have no idea."

"Fuck, not even Bev knows about this. Only you and me," I say softly, making Mike smirk.

"I kinda like it like this. Keeping it a secret."

I smirk at this also and go in for a hug which he expects, dropping his bike. "I'm fine with that," I agree.

We stay like that for a minute before Mike says, "I do still have to get home."

I chuckle lightly and slowly pull back. "You're right. See you tommorow?" I say and slowly back towards my bike.

"See you then," Mike says and watches me as I pick up my bike and ride off. I look back a moment later to him staring at the sky. I chuckle gently to myself and shake my head.

Stupid boy.