Chapter 2 (Delivery Boy)

(Y/n's pov)
Henry, Vik, Belch, Patrick and I drove around town, looking for this new kid, Ben.

I looked out the window and put my chin in my hand. I watched all the elderly couples feed birds and kids ride their bikes, making me smile. I ignore the pain on my side and listen to the loud music that comes from the radio.

The gang slowly rides down one of the streets and I spot a boy, around my age. 13 or 14. He has a bike with a basket that is full of meat packages. I've never seen him before and I've lived in the small town of Derry my whole life. Patrick seems to spot him also and he tells the others. He looks scared and grabs his bike, going in the alleyway. Shit. Not this kid too. I need to an excuse to get out of this car and help that guy out.

I point at a clothing store. "Henry, my mom!" I yell and he looks in the direction I'm pointing, but she wasn't there. "She went inside," I say quickly. My parents don't approve of my boyfriend and for good reason. They don't want me to see him and they think I don't. I tell Belch to stop the car and he listens to me, doing as he's told. I kiss Henry's cheek, trying to make this believable and jump out of the car. "Bye guys!" I wave to them as Belch hits the gas. I sigh in relief. Henry seemed confused though.

I turn around and dart to the alleyway I saw the kid go down. I turn into the narrow back road and spot him. He's staring at the back door to the meat deliver place, frightened. "Hey!" I yell and he looks at me, his eyes widening. "Hide! Quick!" I yell at him and he just stares at me. I groan and shake my head, running towards him. I grab his arm and drag him behind a dumpster.

I hear Belch's car zoom by and I sigh of relief. I looked out from behind the dumpster to see the butcher looking at us confused. The kid and I emerge from behind the dumpster. "You kids alright?" he asks concerned.

"We're fine," the kid answers and picks up some of the red packages, giving them to the man. They say their goodbyes and he turns to me.

"Uh... Thank you for saving me," he says softly and rubs the back of his neck. I smile softly and shake my head. "Don't mention it."

I then stretch out my hand for him to shake. "I'm (Y/n) (L/n)," I introduce myself. "Mike, Mike Hanlon," he says and shakes his hand. "

"I guess you owe me one now," I say and grin at him. He chuckles and smiles back at me. "Big time."

Mike's smile is really cute. Oh my God,  (Y/n). You have a boyfriend.

I look at the basket full of packages before looking at Mike. "Do you need any help delivering these?" I ask and he looks suprised. I really want to make some real friends. Maybe I can start here.

Mike looks at me slightly suprised. "Are you offering to help or just asking?" he asks me curiously.  "I want to help," I respond and flash him a friendly smile. His lips form into a smile and he shakes his head. I frown slightly. "You already saved me from those kids."

"Come on," I say and tilt my head. "We can watch out for each other," I say and he looks straight back at me. "Fine," he gives in and I grin wide.

Mike picks up his bike and walks it out of the alleyway. I walk with him and study him closely. "Where are we going?" I ask and we turn onto the street. "To Jerry's Deli," he answers before looking at me. "Why did you save me?" he asks. "I saw you in the car with them."

I smile softly at him. "I watch them bully people all the time and I'm sick of it." I shake my head. "Then why do you hang with them?" he asks. I pause. Should I tell him the truth or lie?

"The guy with the mullet, Henry, he's my boyfriend," I say truthfully and Mike makes an 'oh' face. "I see."

It's my turn to ask a question. "I've never seen you before. Are you new?" I ask and he shakes his head as we turn another corner. "Just homeschooled. I also don't go out that much."

"Why not?" I ask as I look at the shop names. "I'm an outsider," I hear Mike chuckle a little bit and I smirk a bit myself. "I guess I am too," I say quietly and he smiles at me. "How about we be friends. We can have each other's backs for now on."

I grin at him and nod. "I'd be fine with that."

We arrive at Jerry's Deli then and I grab half of the packages. Mike grabbed the rest and followed me inside the store. We drop off the packages before heading outside again.

"I have to get back," Mike says and grabs his bike. I look at him and nod. "Do you live close?" I ask, but he shrugs slightly. "Not really. I live on a farm," he says and looks over at me. I would suppose he does from the meat. "What do you have there?" I ask curiously.

"Mostly sheep, but some pigs," Mike answers and I perk up at the pigs. He chuckles and nods, seeing that my interest was perked. "One of our pigs just gave birth," he says happily and my eyes widen. I really want to see them. "I would kill to see those baby pigs," I say and he chuckles.

"Maybe you will," Mike says and I give him a confused look. "Do you have a pen?" he asks which makes me even more confused, but I nod and take one out of my backpack. I give it to him and he thanks me before taking my hand gently. I watch him curiously as he writes something down on the back of my hand.

Mike lets my hand go and smiles at me, handing me my pen back. "Come to my place tommorow and you can see them," he says before jumping onto his bike. "See ya, (Y/n)," he says as he pedals away. "See ya," I say back before looking at my hand. There was an address. I smirk to myself. I think that went pretty well.