Chapter 4 (Courage)

(Y/n's pov)

I run to my house and get my bike before pedaling to Henry's place. I hope he's there.

This is a good example of my courage. I can be so brave and then when I see Henry angry at me, all of the courage crumbles into a tiny ball. That's what's probably going to happen.

I get to Henry's place and see Belch's car. Sighing in relief, I get off my bike and walk it over to the car. I set in on the ground and I look up to see the guys talking to each other by some junk, but I don't see Henry.

"Hey!" I say as I jog up to them. They greet me back and Patrick hugs me lightly which I return accept and hug him back.

"Where's Henry?" I asked. Vic points to the house. "He's in his room. Be careful though. He's in a pissy mood."

I nod and sigh softly. "Nothing I'm not used to," I mumble before walking to the house briskly. "I'll be right back!"

I step onto the porch and walk in, not bothering to knock. I knew Henry's father wasn't here and my boyfriend wouldn't answer the door anyway.
I head upstairs and to his room.

I take a deep breath before knocking on the door. "Henry? It's me," I say softly. "Come in," I hear him grumble. I slowly open the door to see Henry sitting on the floor at the foot of his bed....staring at the wall....shirtless.

I sigh softly and take off my jacket, setting it down on the floor. He doesn't say anything as I sit next to him on the floor, only stares at the wall.

I stare at him before asking, "What's wrong, Henry?" Believe or not he doesn't always sit on his floor alone and stares at walls.

"I lost my knife," he sighs softly and leans his head on my shoulder. Henry only shows me affection when we're alone, or he's jealous.

"What is your dad going to do?" I ask, knowing that Henry's father gave him that knife. "Kill me probably," he mutters and I snake my arm around his neck.

"Well where did you lose it?" I ask. "On the kissing bridge. It fell into the woods," he replies and places a hand on my thigh. I see what he's doing here. He's trying to be sweet so he can get some. God dammit, Henry.

"What did you do after you got out of the car?" Henry asks and looks at me. I stare at the wall, not looking in his eyes as he draws circles on my thigh. "I just walked around town," I reply before looking at him. "I saw the new kid, Ben, with a H cut into his stomach. Do you know anything about that?" I ask and my heart starts to race.

Henry stares up at me and sits up straight. I take my arm off of him, but he keeps his hand on my thigh. "Did you help him," he asks, ignoring my question. I shake my head quickly. "No," I breath out as he looks at the wall again.

I get a spark of courage. "I let you do a bunch of shit to these kids, but you fucking cut him, Henry. You could get in so much trouble if he snitches," I say, trying to sound calm.

Henry looks at me with his beady eyes before leaning into me. "I'll be alright," he says softly and tries to kiss me, but I lay a finger over his lips. "Promise me you won't touch that kid again," I say and stare into his eyes, trying to keep it together.

"Henry," I say when he doesn't answer me. I take my finger off of his lips and he shakes his head. "Why do you care so fucking much about those losers, (Y/n)?" Henry asks and I can tell he was getting angry.

"I'm only looking out for you, Henry," I try to reason with him, but he only gets more angry. He grabs my side where he hurt before and squeezes, getting a groan out of me. I grab his arm and try to yank it away. "Henry!"

After a few seconds, he lets go and I look at him wide eyed. "Never tell me what I can and can't do," he says lowly and I jump up onto my feet. I grab my jacket and walk out quickly. He doesn't say anything as I leave.

I walk out of the house and right past Henry's friends. I feel tears sting my eyes and I fight them back. "Leaving so soon?" Belch calls after me as I grab my bike. "I-i have to go home," I stutter back, not daring to look at them.

They know that Henry and I argue a lot, but they don't know about him abusing me. Mentally and physically.

I don't look back to see their reaction as I jump on my bike and pedal away. I let the tears stream down as I ride home, the tears slightly blinding me.

I don't know how to get out of this relationship without Henry hurting the people I care about. I know I need to.

Once I get home, I park my bike in the garage. I wipe the tears from my face and put my hood up, so my parents won't see my puffy eyes and question me.

I walk into my house and make a B-line to the stairs. "Come eat dinner!" My mother shouts, hearing me come through the door. "I'm not hungry!" I shout back and run up the stairs. I pray to God that she let's it go. I go into the bathroom and close the door, locking it.

I turn to look at myself through the mirror. I take my hood off and sigh softly. I look like a mess. My eyes are puffy and my hair is wild. I take my jacket off before lifting my shirt to see a nasty bruise on my ribs.

"Fuck," I mutter before pulling my shirt down.

I wash my face and brush my teeth before going to my room. I change into something more comfortable and slip into my bed.

Tommorow is a new day and I'll hopefully won't have to see Henry. I'll go to the quarry with the Losers Club and Bev and then I'll go to Mike's to see his pigs.

I look at my hand to see the address still there. I sigh in relief and reach over to the nightstand, writing down the address on a notepad. My mind fills with happy thoughts, replacing the ones about Henry as I drift to sleep.