Accidentally- Ch 25

Chapter 25

Several days of pure torture has passed. They had locked me in a bland bedroom with a small lamp, a nightstand, and a twin bed. The only entertainment I had was counting the dusk specks as they fell from the ceiling. 

I was lying on my bed pondering all of the things that had happened when the door opened. My dad came in bringing food and a big envelope. “Sign these, they’re divorce papers.” He said coldly.

I wasn’t sure what to feel or think anymore. I opened the papers and looked at them. Sure enough they were divorce papers, and Taylor had already signed them. Right then and there my heart broke. Actually it more than broke, it shattered.  Somewhere along the way I had really started to like Taylor. Ok, that was complete bullshit. I was completely and utterly in love with him. He made my heart do backflips and my toes tingle just by being in the same room. And God, when he looked at me… My heat Taylorping a beat would be an understatement. He took my breath away. He knew me better than anyone. Somehow I had fallen head over heels in love with the guy that I hated. It didn’t make sense, but when did love ever make sense?

My dad slapped me out of my thought process. “Haley, sign the fucking papers.”

I may have been completely in love with him, but I knew he didn’t feel the same way. His signature was proof of that. I took a deep breath and signed the papers. I was no longer married. I was no longer married to Taylor. The facts that I was sad about that made me laugh bitterly. So much for his promise. Nothing would be ok if he wasn’t right there with me. 

“So does this mean Haley Wallace again, or am I still Haley Caniff?” I asked sarcastically.

My dad snatched the papers out of my hand and left the room.

Well GREAT. Now I was officially 19, divorced, soon to be a single mom, and most likely soon to be married to a fucktard. And I thought marrying Taylor was the worst thing that could ever happen to me.