Accidentally- Ch 14

Chapter 14

As a couple of weeks passed, the guy in the alley was soon forgotten. We never talked about it again after that night and things just kind of went back to normal or at least ‘normal’ for us.

We just kind of ignored each other as best we could, at least when we weren’t being forced to drool over each other in public or trying to kill each other behind closed doors. We slept in the same bed, passed each other in the hallway, broke each other’s things, got in fights, and had great make-out sessions (only in public of course).

I woke up and Taylor wasn’t there. It was weird, he was always there; he couldn’t get out of bed before 1. Whatever. I rolled into the middle of the bed and spread out; I thought it would feel great, but really it just felt weird not having Tay there.

I was just starting to fall back asleep when suddenly all the sheets were ripped off of me.

“Get up,” Taylor said.

“Leave me alone, douche bag.” I mumbled into my pillow.

He laughed, “Yeah, no.” He grabbed by my ankles and pulled me down the bed, and then he grabbed me around the waist and threw me over his shoulder.

I started punching him in the back, “What do you think you’re doing?”

Taylor walked over into the bathroom, turned the shower on, and threw me in. Completely clothed. I was soaked and shivering, “You couldn’t even put the warm water on, asshole?” I said as I turned the hot water up.

Taylor said, “No time” Then he grabbed my shampoo and squirted it into my hair.

I jumped back, “What the fuck do you think you’re doing!”

He just looked at me in horror, “Our parents just showed up, they want to go to lunch.”

I looked back at him in horror, “Oh God.”

I kicked him out of the bathroom and took the quickest shower of my life. I got dressed in lightning speed and was downstairs in less than 10 minutes. Believe it or not, we had managed to avoid something like this in the past couple of weeks. Whenever our parents got together, well it wasn’t pretty. His parents hated me and my parents hated him, and neither of them had very good filters.

When I walked over to where my parents, his parents, and he was sitting; Taylor looked up at me relieved. I sat next to him, and he put his arm around me. I always felt better when he did that.

My mom looked at me in disgust, “Haley, don’t you think that dress is a little…inappropriate?”

I looked down at my plain black dress, it didn’t scream inappropriate to me. “Mom, if you’re going to tell me I look like a slut, then just do it.”

“You look like a whore.” My father said. I just stared at him. It wasn’t the first time my father had called me a whore, but that didn’t mean it hurt any less. “Well don’t just look at me, go change.”

Natural instinct came in, and I went upstairs and changed. There was no disobeying my father; I knew from personal experience that he knew exactly where to place the blows so that no one would be able to see them.

I threw on jeans and a top, I didn’t fucking care. Today was going to suck.

When I finally got downstairs they had all left, but Taylor was still there. He grabbed my hand, “Come on, they’re waiting in the car.  Why’d you just do what your dad says like that?”

I got goose bumps at the memories of what happened when I didn’t, “Habit.” I mumbled as we walked out of our apartment.