Accidentally- Ch 7

Chapter 7

All the boys, except Taylor (what a fucking douche), were over at my apartment helping me pack. We had been working for several hours and were almost done. I seriously hope Sadie, the bitchy publicist, was going to let me keep it so I wouldn’t be living on the streets when Taylor and I finally ended this train wreck.

“Shit Haley, how much stuff do you need?!” Hayes complained falling onto the couch.

“Don’t complain, I could be bringing 3 times this.” I reached into the almost completely empty fridge and grabbed a water bottle; I guess it wasn’t such a bad idea they came over the other night and ate everything. I sat down on the couch next to Shawn. I was exhausted, and still not 100% over my hang over yet.

“Don’t even think about it,” Nash said pulling me off the couch, “you’ve got one more box to go, and then we can GO!”

“FINE!” I stormed off into my room to finish packing. It was weird I wouldn’t be back here for a while. It was fine though, the whole place reminded me of Josh. He had helped me pick it out and was planning on moving in with me in the near future. That was never going to happen now. I was pretty sure that if I ever saw him again I was going to cut his balls off. I was still a little upset, understandably so.

After I finished packing up the last box I carried it out and put it on the table. Since my apartment was basically empty, the boys were wrestling on the floor. A smile spread across my face; some things never change.

Cameron had Nash in a headlock when he noticed I had finished packing he said, “Haley!” he released Nash, and Nash hit the floor with a loud thump. “This would be the perfect place for a party, perhaps one to celebrate the newlyweds!” He looked like a little kid asking for a new bike from Santa.

Just what I wanted. “Uhhh… I don’t know about that…”

Cameron shrugged, “Well it’s too late; Sadie’s already planning the whole thing. She called while you were in your room. It’s going to be tomorrow night.” 

“You’re kidding right?” I asked, still hopeful.

“Nope,” Shawn answered. “According to Sadie it’s going to be the party of the year!”

I groaned. Perfect. I knew I was going to have to do stuff with Taylor in public now, but I didn’t know that it was going to start tomorrow night. “Great. Whatever, let’s just head back. I’m tired and want to go to sleep, not that I’ll be getting much tonight.”

Cameron came up and put his arm around me, “Going to be having too much sex?” I punched him.

__

We finally arrived back at Taylor and Cameron’s place and the boys helped carry my boxes in. There were about 10 boxes; what can I say? I have a lot of shoes.

“How many shoes does one person need?!” Shawn retorted dropping the boxes he was carrying on the floor as soon as we stepped into the door.

“Man up!” I said, “Real men don’t complain.”

“Real men don’t carry 50 pairs of shoes up 5 flights of stairs” Hayes shivered as if remembering something horrible, “Cam. Man. Why, of all days, did your elevator have to stop working today?”

 Cameron came through the door with 3 boxes, you couldn’t see his face. He dropped them on the ground, and collapsed himself. “I don’t know, I don’t know…” Then he started clutching his chest and screaming “I see the light! I see the light!”

“Someone give him mouth to mouth!” Nash said and jumped on top of him.

Cameron was suddenly all ‘better’, “No that’s alright, I’ve had a miraculous recovery!” Cam stood up and began giving a speech, “Having such a near death experience has changed my view on life, such as-“

He was cut off when Taylor threw a water bottle and hit him in the head. We all started cracking up. Cameron pretended to cry. He stormed off up to his room and slammed the door. We all rolled our eyes.

Taylor’s eyes almost popped out of his head when he saw all my boxes. “Nope. Now way. That’s not happening.”

Hayes, Shawn and Nash all ran away. They must have sensed a fight coming, and they were right.

I looked around, “It’s not that much stuff, no need to have a freak out.”

“I’m not having a freak out,” he said, sounding like he was on the verge of a freak out. “I’m being rational. All that stuff is not going to fit in my room.”

“Okay, first of all” I started on a rant, “It’s no longer YOUR room, it’s OUR room. We share.  Now I know you have a hard time grasping a concept like that because you’re a cave man and all, but that means I get half the room and you get half the room. Ok? That also includes the closet and the bathroom. Now you have less stuff than I do, so the gentlemanly thing to do would be to give me more space. But I understand your large ego prohibits that, so I propose a compromise.”

“And what would that be,” Taylor glared at me.

“As much stuff fits reasonably into OUR room will go into OUR room, and the other stuff can be conveniently stored in the other empty rooms.”  I was very proud of my simple solution.

“Uhhhh,” Nash said from across the apartment, “that’s not going to work! Shawn and I were kicked out the other day from our place, so were going to be moving in…”

I looked at Taylor, “Well then, never mind. You’re stuck with all my stuff.”

He looked pissed. I smiled as big as I could and grabbed a box and started to carry it up stairs. I turned around and looked back at him, “What? You aren’t going to help your weak and fragile wife carry these big heavy boxes?”

He grunted and grabbed a few.

This would be interesting.