Everything happens for a reason 5

Chapter 5: Interrogation

"OH MY GOD!!!!" She shrieked. "You kissed him didn't you!!!" The eager look on her face grew.

"SHHHHHH!!!" I hissed at her, glancing around to see if they had heard. I saw Shani and Carrie looking over and waved my hand, beckoning for them to come and sit with us. Carrie skipped over an overjoyed look on her face, Shani following cautiously behind.

Shani was one that kept to herself most of the time, she had been so depressed a few years back and for some reason I was the only person she would talk to. So I helped her through it and she became apart of our group. Whenever I asked anyone why they always came to me to solve their problems they would say that they just thought I looked like someone who knew how to make them feel better, to help them through the bad times, and I've never proved anyone wrong so far and I guess that's added to the reason.

Shani wasn't a gossiping person so I could understand her reluctance to join us, but she trusted me, and knew I wouldn't expect her to sit and listen to one of our gossip sessions.

"What's we talkin' 'bout?" Carrie sang as she sat next to Rose and grinned.

Kay waited until Shani had taken her seat next to me before starting.

"Well, we've just discovered our friend here." She gestured towards me and they all turned to look. "Has just discovered something."

Grinning at me like a Cheshire cat, I knew she would do that, say it but not really say it, if that makes sense.

She's put it in code, which meant someone, namely me, would have to decipher it for everyone else; it was what she did when she thought I ought to tell the story. So I decided to get it out, I may as well, they'd just keep bugging me as to what she meant.

I sighed before starting. "Well, no, actually I didn't kiss him yesterday when you and Carrie found us, because she interrupted." I turned my gaze to her giving her a pointed look.

"Oh, I'm sooo sorry." She looked annoyed at herself.

I liked playing them along, but there wasn't much else I could say to suspend the time before they found out.

"Hahaha, it's fine, really, because, I ended up finally telling him that I liked him, which you know all about." I rolled my eyes as I said this. "And guess what?"

"WHAT!" They all leaned in expectant looks on their faces.

"Well... Na, I think I'll tell you later." I teased them.

Kay giving me the exact reaction I was looking for. She groaned. "Nooooo! Don't make us wait! This is like BIG news!!! Please tell us. PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" She whined.

I chuckled and she shot me a dirty look. "Don't glare at me or I won't tell you."

"Urgh, fine, sorry, just get on with it, I'm dying here!" She exclaimed, rather loudly might I add, and just my luck, one of the guys was walking past just as she said it. Bret came jogging over and leaned in. "whatcha talking about girls?"

"Nothing." we all chorused.

"Yeah right, pig's ass it's nothing, squidgy over you two." He said as he squished himself between Rose and Kay.

"Cummon then, don't keep me hangin'." He said.

"Fine, I didn't kiss him then, but he kissed me last night, after I went to bed." I said, taking my time to survey each reaction before moving on to the next.

They were all the same; amazed. They grinned and all started talking at once.

"Guys!" I yelled. "I can't all hear you at once, I'm don't have 6 pairs of ears you know!"

"Yeah, yeah, keep ya shirt on." Chuckled Carrie. "Bags' the first question!" Piped up Rose.

I knew what it was going to be before she even said it.

"So... What was it like?" She smiled slyly at me.

"Nope, I don't kiss and tell." I said sticking out my chin and turning my face upwards slightly.

"Awww, come on, you have to!" They all chorused together.

I watched them carefully then decided to just go for it. "Fine, it was amazing. How's that?" I raised my eyebrows, waiting for a protest.

I didn't get one, just a few looks of worried glances between me and what ever it was that was behind me. I turned slowly to see the rest of the guys except Josh, standing behind me. "What was amazing?" asked Nate sitting down on the grass. Shani gave me a questioning look.

I nodded to her and she skipped over and sat in his lap whispering in his ear. She pulled back to see his reaction, it was a mix of surprise and knowing.

"Took him long enough." He said sarcastically. Ty and Rhys frowned, not quite getting it.

"Josh and Ellie." Was all Nate said before looks of understanding creeping over their features and grins spread around the circle.

"What you guys all grinning about?" Josh asked as he came up behind Tyson. I could feel the heat flooding my cheeks trying to give me away so I turned around and looked at Rose who was smiling at me. A soft, friendly supportive smile. I smiled back although it probably looked more like a grimace.

Now everyone knew. I hadn't planned on telling everyone, but I guess I should be grateful it's just my group of friends and not the whole school.

I just wasn't sure what Josh's reaction would be to me telling everyone. I guess I would find out soon because the guys had stood up and were now walking away, thinking it was time to find something else to do. The girls followed not long after, their poor excuses trailing behind them.

Rose got up and whispered in my ear. "It's alright, you'll be fine, I've just had a revelation, I've got something I need to do, I'll check up on you later, see how you're doing, ok?"

"Yeah, ok. I smiled at her. I had a feeling her revelation had something to do with Ty.

Josh came and sat next to me, his arm wrapping around my waist pulling me into his side. "What's up?" He asked softly.

"Um, well. They kind of found me out." I whispered, suddenly shy.

"What do you mean they found- Oh, right." He stoked the side of my arm. I still wouldn't meet his gaze.

He cupped my chin in his hand and turned my face so I had to look at him. His eyes were busy searching my face.

I took the time to really look at him and see him. I poured over all the features on his face. Pulling my eyes from his lips to meet his gaze.

His arm, still around my waist, pulled me closer. He kissed me again. It was the longest he had ever kissed me.

It felt like hours not seconds before he pulled away and smiled down at me. I was sure I was glowing, he made me feel amazing just be sitting next to me, and whenever his hand brushed mine I could feel little electric shocks where he touched me.