Everything happens for a reason 21

Chapter 21: Always be thankful of what has happened, for it is what made you who you are today

Ellie's point of view.

When we had finished our meals we talked fro a while longer. I just sat and watched life go on as normal. If you had been a passer by you wouldn't have thought that Josh and I had been lost for the pat three weeks. I found those three weeks hard. I didn't have anyone to talk to for most of the time, and when I did, I found myself wishing that it was Rose instead of Josh.

Rose would know just what to say and not say. Josh was great, but what I had really needed was a girl I could talk to who knew me better than she knew the back of her hand. Rose knew me so well. She had picked up on how I worked so quickly, it was like we could talk telepathically, or thought the same thing. It was amazing. I could sit there and not talk and it would be fine, we wouldn't need words. We could just sit and enjoy each other's company.

Rose dragged me to her tent when it was bed time, saying that Ty was going to share Josh's tent. I trotted along after her willingly. I couldn't wait for it to be just me and her, so we could talk. I had been waiting for that ever since I realized I was lost.

We didn't talk about what had happened, we sat there whispering to each other and giggling over things that had happened in earlier years of high school. It was so good to remember all these things. She seemed to remember things I had totally forgotten, or she saw them from a different perspective. It was great to hear all these things. We eventually went to sleep after about an hour and a half of non stop talking.

The next few weeks went by in a blur. Everything was like it was at the start.

We finally made it to the end and we all collapsed on the ground with sighs of relief. I was so happy to be going back to my comfortable bed.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we did this. I'm sure something's never would have happened if we didn't go, but also things would be different.

I wouldn't notice the smallest things I love in my friends if I hadn't gotten lost. Also Josh and I might have not gotten together, also Ty and Rose, they might not have admitted their feelings to each other. You never know what could have happened, because it's in the past. I'm just glad it is something I can look back on and not have to keep living through.

If we ever plan something like this again I'm going to make sure it's not as long as this one was. I don't want anyone extra to come along with us, or anyone to not come. That would just not work.

One thing I definitely learned was how much I love my friends. How much I couldn't live with out them by my side. How boring and dull life would be if Rose wasn't there to talk to, laugh with, or just sit next to. I'm sure I've already said this at least five time now, bit I'm so glad this happened. I'm so glad were all fine, and that were all together again.

That month was one I would never forget. Not ever. It was one that I would tell my kids about. My misadventures of trekking through the bush.

I know it scared me so much I would be wary of doing it again, but I would never stop my children in doing something like that.

It's something that changes you.

It's something that helps you grow, and it's something that I'm sure they would love.

That is my story.

My story I will never forget.