Blame it on the Alcohol

Start from the beginning

*

"Come on Finn; help me carry him upstairs."

"Why don't we leave him on the couch?"

"Would you rather hold him sleeping while I make a bed on the couch? Nonsense; I have a big double bed where both of us fit perfectly fine."

"Whatever dude. But I was the designated driver, not the designated carrier of my brother's boyfriend!"

"He's not my boyfriend; that's why we can have a sleepover just like you have with Puck. Besides, I wasn't the designated driver and took a lot of people in my car around the town. Now, if you could just help me and not make a noise to wake up my dad..."

"Fine!"

Kurt and Finn managed to carry Blaine upstairs and lay him on Kurt's bed. Finn just looked at how the drunken boy hadn't wakened up during the whole process and now was starting to drool on Kurt's pillow:

"Dude, you don't expect me to change him or anything, do you?"

Kurt paid attention to his brother for the first time since entering the room:

"No Finn; it would be just too embarrassing. He agreed in staying over and not driving home but I don't know how conscious he was. Anyway, we are not that close..."

"But you love him, don't you?"

Kurt was caught by surprise; his brother wasn't usually so observant. But the found smile on Finn's face made him sigh and confess:

"Yes, I do. He's the one not interested."

"It's pity. He looked like he was having one hell of a good time with you and your friends. I like him and I bet you love him a whole damn lot for letting him drool on your pillow like that and don't get mad."

Kurt looked amazed at Finn:

"How come you became such a good brother in such a short time?"

Finn just shrugged and left to his room. Kurt went to his night-time skin ritual with Finn's words playing rounds around his head. He wasn't fooling anyone anymore; he loved Blaine and it was a lie to say that it didn't hurt when Blaine didn't reciprocate it.

He lay down next to his best friend with the scene of Blaine and Rachel's kiss torturing him and keeping him from sleeping. Maybe it was time to get over Blaine; but what was he supposed to do? He knew he *did* want to keep his friendship; but was it healthy to keep being friends with the guy you are head-over-hills about?

Suddenly, something shook the thoughts out of Kurt: Blaine had turned in his sleep and was now hugging Kurt and pulling him closer. Kurt tried to get away, but Blaine's grip was strong. Eventually, he decided to let go and enjoy being hold. One night wouldn't hurt, not that there was something Kurt could do to get rid of Blaine; the only thing was to not let his hopes high. Right; like that could happen.

*

Blaine was approaching the revival theater to meet Rachel for their date. He was overly excited to make this date work so he could prove Kurt that he had a point. He was allowed to experiment if he felt confused and nor Kurt nor anybody had the right to judge him. This had been an awkward week with Kurt: he had woken up in Kurt's bed with no memory of how he had gotten there in the first place and then they had fought over his date with Rachel. Kurt thought his was the boss of him or something? No sir; not with Blaine Anderson.