One month after that encounter, I met up with those girls again, and we went to another party. I saw my ex-boyfriend there with the same girl I caught him in bed with. I was hurt. I was so good to him and he was cheating all along.

I tried drowning the pain away in alcohol. I drank twelve shots of Tequila, six white Russians, three glasses of wine, a scotch double and two draft beers. Drunk would be an understatement.

The next day, everything changed and, because of my carelessness, I lost my baby and may never be able to have another pregnancy.

___________________________

"Zenia, you can't hide something like that from EJ. You both were responsible for what happened so you need to tell him." My sister was still trying to crack me.

"I can't tell him, Jasmine. I can't bring myself to tell him. He'll hate me. He might think I willfully got rid of the baby."

"Zenia, you didn't know you were pregnant. You made a mistake. You two were both drunk, slept with each other and forgot each other. But how is it possible that you remember him and he doesn't remember you?"

"I was wearing a costume, and we did it in a dark room, but I never forgot his face. I liked him the moment I looked into his grey eyes."

My sister pulled me into another hug. Tears poured down my face again.

What would it have been like if I had that baby? Was it a boy or a girl?

I'd never know. I'd never have a chance to give birth to any child.

I cried. I cried hard. All the hurt and pain came hitting me at once all over again. I was running away from the past, but it had caught up to me. Whenever I saw my nephew, I remembered my own child. Keeping something like that away from everyone was eating me up like a cancer.

After an hour, when I had calmed down and gotten myself together, Jasmine left.

________________________
Ethan Junior's POV

I couldn't have asked for a better brother.

I stepped out of the private elevator and made my way to his office. Dressed sharp in my formal men's attire and leather shoes, I was ready to take on the position of COO of Hollen Tower-- second in command.

It had been a long and unforgettable college run. My father was always on my tail, making certain I was giving my all to my education and studies, just like the way he pushed Evan and Emily to their very best. I was molded and shaped to follow in his already huge footsteps.

I knocked on his door before entering. Although he was my brother, I was afraid of making him angry. Evan Hollen was different. The only people he had patience with were his son and his fiancee.

"You're late!" he snapped upon seeing me.

"By only one minute," I pleaded.

Was he serious?

"Let's get started."

I heaved a long sigh, which made me earn an evil eye from him. He was not about to take it easy on me, even if I was the little one.

"Okay, so you already know your job description and position and your salary. Do you have any questions?" he asked, leaning back in his chair like a mighty king.

"Where's my office, dude?"

"I'm not your dude. In Hollen Tower, we speak with formalities and respect. The faster you adapt to that, the longer you'll keep the job. I'm your big brother, but so help me EJ, if you cross me, I'll fire your ass so quick it will make your head spin."

"Okay, Mr. Hollen. I apologize." I threw up my hands in surrender.

Sometimes, Evan could be so heartless.

"Your office is across from mine. When I'm not in, you'll be in charge. When I'm in a meeting,on  business trips, or even one minute late, you'll be in charge. I know you're just twenty now, but you need this shaping."

"Why can't I just have my own company? You won't be retiring soon, so I don't see the need to follow in your footsteps."

His eyes went dark and I knew my silly statement made him mad.

"You don't see the need? EJ, did you really go to college? Were you always sleeping in your classes? You're not doing this for me, or even dad. You're doing this to brighten your future with experience! This is for your own good."

"I'm sorry."

"Here. Sign these." He handed me a checkbook.

I stood up and straightened my suit. I turned on my heel to leave as Jasmine walked in.

Her eyes locked on me with anger in them.

Did I do something wrong?

_____________________
A/N

Hi everyone, so Cookies & Cream has ranked in Romance. 😊

Yayyy 👐👐👐 *twerking*

Thanks for voting and leaving those nice comments.

Look out for the next chapters.

******************