11

I woke up the next morning finding myself in the clothes I had worn the day before with my bed sheets wrapped around me like a cocoon.

I yawned, and looked at myself in the mirror. Dark bags tugged underneath my eyes and my face was pale, with only a few splotches of colour on my cheeks.

I recoiled at my tired reflection and splashed water on my face, hoping I would look any better in the slightest.

"Liv?" Sophie's voice spoke from outside my room. "Are you feeling ok now?"

I opened the door and Sophie pulled me into a hug.

"I'm feeling a little better now, thanks Soph!"

My heart was still saddened by the fact I that I wasn't allowed to even tell her I was a spy or why I was truly upset, even though she really cared about me...

She smiled and put her hand on my shoulder, "That's good, come down for breakfast when you're ready."

After she left my room, I got ready, fixed my messy bed-hair and went downstairs for breakfast. Once finished, I said goodbye to Sophie and walked to school.

~

During my classes, my mind drifted into a daydreaming state of what my life would have been like if my family and I weren't spies.
It felt like lessons had dragged on for so long but finally, it was break.

I carefully slipped out of the group of school pupils in the hallway and sat on a bench, trying to hide myself from everyone.

But when I finally felt as if I was alone, it was already too late.

"Hey Tessa!"

I inhaled a silent sigh but then looked up to see Blake smiling at me with a group of people.

"So... I thought I would show you the rest of my friends!" He grinned and my stomach fluttered with worry at making new friends.
"This is Ivy, Freya, Dylan, Oscar and obviously Aria - you've met her before."
He gestured one by one to each of his friends.

"Hi," I replied

Oscar squeezed beside me on the bench, "Hmm. We need to give you a nickname."

My eyebrows shot up in curiousity, "A nickname?"

"We all have one for each other," He shrugged. "Blake is Blek, Ivy is V, Dylan is Dyl, Aria's is Ria, Freya's is French fries —"

Freya rolled her eyes and shook her head disapprovingly, her ginger red hair swishing due to the movement, "Oscar, you idiot, we never agreed to that!"

Oscar's lips twitched into a slight smile as he ignored her, "Is it alright if I call you T-Dog?"

"T-Dog?" I laughed.

"I'm sorry about him, Tessa," Ivy said, staring her intense sea blue eyes at Oscar sternly.

"No, it’s fine, you can call me T-Dog if you want."

Oscar smirked at Freya and Ivy, then they all left with Aria, to buy bottles of water from the school office.

Leaving just Blake and I.

He sat down next to me and we sat in silence until I grew uncomfortable in his intense gaze at me, "You don't have to stay here with me, you know."

"No it's fine..." Blake replied nonchalantly then paused: "...T-Dog."

I laughed, now feeling at ease, "You have really nice friends."

"Our friends now," He corrected, then added: "Can I show you something? There was one part of the school tour I haven't shown you yet..."