22.

Justine Indira Skyers-1993
Manhattan , New York, America

'DeVante! DeVante! DeVante!' I shouted

He was at the soundboard just finishing up some final touches on a Jodeci album. He was with some other people but I acted as if they weren't there. He had a pen in his hand and he was tapping it to the beat.

Man that boy is so focused. He could go for days without food and water if he's in the studio. Why wonder he's in the streets looking like a stick insect. Sometimes I even wonder if he even uses the toilet.

I walked over, standing behind him as I played with the tiny curls he had in his hair. I didn't go in deep so much because I didn't want to put him off.

After five minutes, he finally had my attention. He took my hand and pulled me into his lap. He started kissing my neck which made me slightly moan. We were alone so it was all cool.

'Oh De, I need to tell you something'

'Mhm.... Can't it wait?' He said continuing to kiss my neck

'No it's really important!' I raised my voice a little moving myself away from his lap

'Aight, whats it?' He kissed his teeth as I gave him a look

'Ugh' I sighed deeply 'anyways Suge was thinking of signing me to Death Row!'

'What!' He raised his voice a little shifting out of his chair

'I said Suge wants to sign me to-'

'I fucking heard you Aight' he Shot back

'Then what's the problem?'

'You signing to Death Row' He said 'what's wrong with Uptown?'

'Nothing' I said 'Am I not allowed to make my own decisions?'

'I never said that' he said 'have you even told Andre about it?'

'Oh I forgot about that' I lied

'Hmm that's what they all say' he chuckled to himself

'What's that suppose to mean?' I asked bewildered

'Nothing, Nothing' he laughed again

He straight back to whatever the guck he was doing and just acted like I wasn't even there. I just continued to stand there asking him the same question. It started to aggravate him a bit but I couldn't care less.

'You wanna be here ignoring me because you know I'm damn right' I pointed out

He slowly began to turn his chair around at me with a sly smile forming into a chuckle.

'What?' I asked

'You have no idea what that man could do to you' he chuckled

'What do you mean?'

'You sign under his label, you become his artist as well as Andre's' he said shifting out of the chair 'His methods are crazy, and if you don't follow them
that man can make your life a misery'

'Alright' I laughed 'cut that bullshit, that ain't true, you haven't even worked with him before'

'What shit do you know?'

'A lot more than your sorry ass' he shot back 'Look I'm just saying, do whatever shit you wanna do but don't come crying to me when he starts treating you like one of his slaves'

'Ugh whatever man you ain't no help' I said 'your my boyfriend and I can't get any kind of support from you'

'At least I tried to warn your ass'

'Ugh man you're an actually waste of my time' I pushed him of me

Donald Earle Degrate Jr-1993
Uptown Records, New York, America

I might've been harsh on Justine but I'm telling her the truth. I don't want to see her get hurt. I just hope that she uses her common sense and chooses the right path. Yes I haven't worked with Suge as yet but I know what he can be like with his artist. If you don't do shit that he wants you to do, he will fuck up your life.

That's why if Jodeci ever gets signed to Death Row, I wouldn't really take the offer but I would like to see how he runs shit around his place.